Bridgeing an amplifier

Username: Dholmes88

Nebraska United States

Post Number: 2
I need some help making sure that I have bridged my amplifier correctly. I have a Cuspid 1600 Watt ampifier 4 channel amp. On the rear output I have the negative of the right channel and the positive of the left channel going to my two Sony Explode 1200W subs. Is that hooked up correctly? Cause it dont sound very loud. I think my 1998 Rockford Punch 40 pushed these subs harder then this amp!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11356
not surprising.
cuspid is total crap. so is sony.
that being said, 1200 watts with the speakers is a thermal rating and has nothing to do with how much power they actually require to operate at full excursion, and that cuspid is nowhere near 1600 watts. It's closer to about 400, if that.
1600 is a peak rating, and I doubt your electrical system could handle a drain of 160A anyway if it was RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1594
are those single 4ohm subs, if so you do not want to bridge them on that amp. to low of ohm load. the only way is to run it at 8ohms, no power then., best way to run that is channels 1,2 bridged to 1 sub, and same for 3,4. Look on amp fro bridged termninals.

Username: Dholmes88

Nebraska United States

Post Number: 4
Ty Mutlow,

So you are saying bridge the front to one sub abd then bridge the rear to the other sub. Correct?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1596
yes,if front is channel 1,2 and rear is 3,4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us