SQ, SQL componenets?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1561
guys Im not to good about the interior... umm I want to hear my highs this time... lol
Im gettin a orion 800/4 <big boi...
what component set or sets can I use?? I listen to rap and reggae.. but I want everything to sound excellent... I also want it loud, without being harsh and such...
amps does 4x100 @ 4ohms, and 4x200 @ 2ohms...

I have the following locations, 6x9s rear deck; 5.25 doors; 4x6 dash board...

I think I want some sort of rearfill for sure, but being that the back seat is still missing, im not sure...

I need all suggestions...

how good is the CDT stuff?? A body of mines runs some in his tahoe, they seem to keep up with his system and he is powering them only with his hu... he has 4 15s... I couldnt belive only the hu power...

look at my profile for the pioneer specifics.. should I ditch them?

my car is going to be a wicked SQL system for daily abuse.. also it will be able to get nasty at competition!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1000
I have heard good stuff about CDT but never personally heard them. Other options are the Ascendant Audio components (look promising) and rainbow components. Heard REALLY good stuff about them. Just a couple more suggestions. I love my Infinity Kappa's but you have to like it a little harsh. They aren't that bad but they are crisp.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 391
For your setup, i've used this in another American car before, I used a 3way setup, partly active and passive. I used a 2way 5.25 setup and mounted the 5.25s with a braxial mounting in the doors and then ran a 4in mindrage driver seperately in the dash. B if you need help or want me to take a look at it, email me and i'll give you my cell and we'll meet up.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 201
look into jl-xr's too. not too bright, not too soft with their tweeters, kind of in-between.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1628
Alteraudio, Ill drop u a email this week. Maybe u can show me that setup, diffenitly need help getting the inside to be outstanding SQ.
I think I may need to deaden the entire car first..

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1639
Alteraudio, u know anything about box building??

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 406
yep, just finished my box...unfortunately I brother in laws tools and me don't always work together well and my cuts get off.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1642
ok, I was just asking, because Im finiding out a have a wicked flexin coming from my box... I need something way stronger and braced, but possibly the same tunning freq or so...
do u think u can build me something good & strong for a good price? It needs to be able to take lots of power...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 408
it would be easier to brace what you already have.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1646
ok, should I brace with wood or like iron rods? I think I just want a new box though... It flexes majorily now.... I have new amps tons of power, so box isnt even the same now.... bad flexing sound from box, hurting sq... lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5750
Wood bracing. JL has a tutorial that will give you some visual ideas:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=166

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 411
yeah good link Jon. Unless you need a new box due to tuning or enclosure volume i'd brace it. I've never heard a flexing noise from a box so i'd like to hear that. I'd first put a piece along the longest surface of the box.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1647
thanks for link Jonathan. I dont know if the box is flexing at the top, or from the front baffle..

I know its the box, cause I can hear it flexing still when I turn it down, it will also flex alot more when I turn it up... If i turn it down really low flexing stops.. but its defenitly flexing to the beat of certain sounds, its crazy, sounds like it resoanating real quick...

acutall Im thinking its my port thats flexing.... or loose. with my 1000d the box sounded great, but I guess box cant take it with a 2500d..

Alteraudio, Im going to try the long brace, but its hard beenin that I have NO tools (wood tools).
Would certain types of wood make the bass deeper? natural sounding?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1648
"loose panel sound" best way I can describe the flexing noise...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 414
use .75in MDF or .5in will do too. If you want to do smaller braces along the long surface, get small 2in by 4in by .75in MDF cuts glue ot drill them every 4in or so slanted at a 45% angle across the long edge. Make it look like a railroad ties but slanted.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1663
ill have to give this a try.. today...
thnks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us