Do I have enough power??

Username: Error_505

Post Number: 1
I have a Rockford Fosgate 400S amp and just bought 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 12's subs. Im wondering will the 400S push the 2 12's without hurting any of my equipment? Here are the specs........

Fosgate 400S Amp
100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode

Rockford Fosgate 12" Punch Stage 2 Subwoofer
400 Watts Maximum Power Handling / 200 Watts RMS
4 Ohm Single Voice Coil Operation with Parabolic Polypropylene Cone

I see that I can get 200 watts per channel in 2 ohm on the amp. BUT can I run the amp at 2 ohm and leave the subs at 4 ohms? I'm not sure about ohms and stuff, I just want a good clean sound.
I would like any feedback I could get so I will know how to connect everything the 1st time.

Thanks,
Error_505

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1585
no, you needed 2 single 8ohm or 2 dual 4ohm for stereo mode. that amp is pushing prob less then 100w at 4ohms.

Post Number: 2
I was told by a friend that lower ohms give better sound. That is why I bought 4 ohm subs. I can't run the amp at 2x200 @ 2ohms and be safe and have enough power since the RMS on the subs is 200 watts? Thanks for the advice. If not..... what would you suggest as an amp?

Error_505

Gold Member

Post Number: 1595
a mono amp that is stable 2 ohm, like alpine MRD 605 or kicker, or I bet the JL 250/1 would push thos great.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your input. I will start looking around for some amps. Will mine be ok to run until I find something?

Thanks,
Error_505

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 13
yeah, but leave it at 4 ohms. might not be strong enough to run stable at 2 ohms.

Post Number: 5
Right now I have it bridged on a pair of RF punch z's 12's. It works fine that way. What ohm would that be running? I have no idea how to make it run 2 ohm anyway, but it would be nice to know..lol

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 20
have each sub going to its own channel on the amp. connecting it any other way alters the ohms.

Post Number: 6
Would a KICKER KX600.1 be enough for the the 2 Punch P2 4 ohm 12's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1623
yes, it is 2ohm stable.

Post Number: 7
So if I hook both positive wires to the positive on the amp and same with the negitive I will be at 2 ohms? And thanks for your help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1627
yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us