Anyone experienced with A/D/S amplifiers?

Blair_aus
Unregistered guest
I was looking at purchasing one.

I've heard their build quality is up there with the best? has anyone owned one or installed one?

- Blair

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 359
I have back in the days and they have excellent SQ, better as a component power source. They are very versatile up to 6 channels and they are SUPER clean look here at this listing, Polo..

http://cgi.ebay.com/a-d-s-Power-Plate-6-25-3-4-5-6-Ch-150w-Power-Amp_W0QQitemZ58 75881350QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11357
The original a/d/s amps were outstanding. The current models are quite good. Owned by DEI now, owners of PPI, Orion, Directed, and Viper.

Bronze Member
Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 16
the one I am considering is this 6 channel one. The Ph30.2. I think its from 2001. Is this model made by DEI?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ADS-PH30-Brand-New-in-the-Box-Dont-Miss-This-One_W0QQitem Z5874038067QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was looking at using it to power a three way front actively.

its rated at 75 x 6. is this enough to power, say a set of dyns or dls...or maybe a vifa set?

or maybe i could run a two way system. Ie. tweerte at 2ohm for around 150 watts and then bridge the other two channels for 200 watt for mid bass?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 362
That is a nice amp. Polo.

Bronze Member
Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 17
yeah thats what I figured..

Im looking at putting my 3 id maxes in an AP box with around 500W each and run this ADS amp for the 3 way front stage active.

does it have the guts power such speakers previously mentioned?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 369
Sure, run the highs at 4ohm for clarity and 2 ohm for the mids to add punch, Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us