JL 1000/1

Bronze Member
Username: Judgedredd

Post Number: 32
I've been thinking..and i need to know if my logic is right
If i get 2 JL 12 w7's..each at 3 ohms...
Technically..if i wire them in parallel..that would give me a total impedance of 1.5 ohms...shouldn't the amp give each sub the 1000 watts?...is there anyway to do this? I dont even know...im just reaching...lol let me know

Nate Soba
Unregistered guest
No dude... the amp would put out 1000 watts rms at 1.5 ohms total, so 500 rms each sub, m=making each sub a littl underpowered.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 301
actually....the rms continious power rating is 750....going from 500 to 750 would be a difference but with the output of a W7 it will still be loud as hell....and why not just get one W7 on a 1000/1? the output is pretty high!

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 302
on the power rating i was refering to the Sub not the amp......a 1000/1 will put out 1000 watts at any ohm 1.5-4 and as long as your charging system can give it atleast 10.5 volts. great amp......(just a little thing i heard from the JL rep......they are gonna be releasing Anadized black versions of the Slash series amps!)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1566
those subs need more power then the 1000/1 for 2 of them.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6268
yep ^^ - u need 2 of those amps if ur buying 2 12w7 subs or u could 1 amp & 2 12w6 subs ..........

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 673
you could also do 1 13w7 that will definately have some output.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 428
Or get a different amp..........

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 675
^^^ thats tru but KLC do you actually have the 1000/1 now or are you thinking about getting it.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1262
if it was me, i'd give them each 1000 watts, they'd take it no problem and sound great. but you could run them with 500 a piece and it'd still sound good, just wouldn't push them to full potential.

JL amps are underrated, so you'll get a little more then 1000 watts if you give it power.

a 13W7 with the 1000/1 would sound great too and be comparable to the 2 12's with 500 a piece, as ucfsaxman said.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 19
I've got a 12w7 running off a 1000/1 and I think thats the best match for it. Though if you did run 2 12w7's they'd get a little more than 500rms maybe around 575rms. But you'd be better off with just 1. And make sure you set the gains right.

Bronze Member
Username: Judgedredd

Post Number: 33
I'm ordering my 2 1000's today, I already have the 2 w7's...so should i just turn the gains all the way up on each? lol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1285
you should set the gains like the book/web site says. you'll need to get access to a true RMS meter too.

go to the JL site, look at the Tutorials.

should sound great. do you have the electrical system to handle the power needs though??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us