How to disable factory security system?

Username: T3m17

Post Number: 1
I got a Viper 791 installed, but my 2001 Honda Accord had a baisc system. Now when I remote start with the doors locked, the factory system starts honking. I don't need the factory security system at all, so I'd like to permanatly disable it

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 47
to permanently disablt it would be to difficult. but there is a way around that, lol. whoever installed it should have hooked up your factory alarm disarm. since we notice from it arming it probably arms with lock.

you probably have to hook the status output on your brain to the keysense. or the factory alarm disarm off the maroon harness that comes with the alarm system. (the factory alarm disarm is the light green/black wire)

just find that in your leftover parts since its obvious the installer didn't use it. now find the disarm no unlock wire... which is here...

Disarm No Unlock blue -(polarity)
Notes: On the EX the wire is located at the drivers power window switch, on the LX the wire is at the keyless/security unit which is attached to the drivers underdash panel.

hook it up, and it'll not go off when you remote start. and you get to keep your factory alarm without hurting anything =)

Username: T3m17

Post Number: 2
Ruthless,

thanks for your advice. Do you think you could give me more beginner style instructions though ? All I've done with cars is swap out head units, drop in new coax speakers and wire subs up to amps.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 52
more beginner style instructions... hmm lol

find your brain unit. which is the control module of the entire system. it has a round viper on it with a Viper 791XV in the bottom right corner.

find the leftover stuff that was never installed, and look for a maroon 4 pin harness. it has 4 wires, a light green and black, a dark green and black, and i forget the two other colors off top. or go back to where you got it from and tell them they never gave it back and try to get a new one.

now crimp off all of them except the light green and black.

extend it with some 18 gauge wire or similar, probably enough to get to the security module. which is in the note i put, but here it is again:

Disarm No Unlock blue - (polarity)
Notes: On the EX the wire is located at the drivers power window switch, on the LX the wire is at the keyless/security unit which is attached to the drivers underdash panel.

just hook the wire you extended to this, solder your connections and then the factory alarm won't go off when you remote start.

thats about as simple as it gets... if you have anymore trouble i would talk to whoever installed it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us