Which speakers?

alpinexxx1
Unregistered guest
im kind of new to car audio but im not an idiot, i still need your help! money is not a matter here i haev 2 alpine type X subwoofers and a Orion 2500D amp, but i have crappy speakers i need to get all new speakers in front and rear, im not exactly sure of teh sizes yet but i will find out and repost, but i am looking for teh absolute clearest loudest speakers available!!! i need to be able to hear over my subs but i want tehm to be clean! so help would be great

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5910
budget

alpinexxx2
Unregistered guest
read first line!money is not a matter here

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5918
DynAudio System 360

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5919
if money is ot a matter why not get better subs as well??

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5920
SEAS Lotus<<<Nice

alpinexxx3
Unregistered guest
alright i take that back 800 for those dynaudios... since i have alpine type X's i was jsut thinking of gettin type x componet speakers also, so all my audio is alpine type X, but i would maybe get 2 more tweeters, just incase.. i want it to be loud but clean.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 349
if you like to stay within Alpine those would be the way to go. But there are a few others to go with. Loud and clear, ID Horns! I like usual would suggest CDT HD's or even ES, and I can help on the price. Dyna does have some lower models and Rainbow too that are very nice. since you say 800$ is too much what is your budget?

Alpinexxx4
Unregistered guest
probably 300 MAYBE 350, whats the absolute best i can get for no more then that?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 359
what kind of car?

ALpinexxx5
Unregistered guest
1990 300zx TT 2 seater....CHYEAAAAAA

Alpinexxx6
Unregistered guest
what are the better CDT models? EF HD ES and which should i get? i was looking at teh CDT Audio HD-62, i might get those, what do you think? or CDT Audio EF-63 6 1/2" Carbon Fiber Braxial Speakers or THE CDT Audio CL-641 6 1/2" 3-way Comps, which is better i kinda like the last one teh best but what would you do???

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 67
focal? mb quart? jl audio? alpine? they are all very good sets and theres others too. just go and listen to them its your choice your money your ears

Alpinexxx7
Unregistered guest
yea i know i was thinking of gettin The Alpine Type X componets or teh JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way Component Set 6.5 if not teh CDT which is better?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 360
CDT series goCL-EF,HD and then ES. ES is out of your budget 30$ max, HD-642 and CL-641 are also out of your budget. 3ways are quite expensive. I'd suggest the EF-63 or EF-61CF. Aren't the Alpine Type X more than 350$?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1214
i had last years model of the ALpine Type X comps, i didn't like them. tweeter blew for no apparent reason. 75 watts rms, clean power. went from thoes to a set of Boston Rally's, the change was amazing. Alpine changed the crososver and tweeter for the new Type X models. but i haven't heard them.

I have the JL XR-653's right now, they sound great, just having problems with the 4 inch mid, but i think its my install. they aren't completely sealed down tight. the opening in my kick panels is too big and i haven't gotten around to changing. had the CDT HD642's before the JL's, and i like the JL's a lot better. i'm changing everything around again, think i'm going with some Focals this time.

the JL XR653's can be bought on ebay for $305 plus shipping btw. great price.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5678
Dome mids are much easier to get good results with. Sealed back, conical shaped chamber to combat resonance. Basically a situation where you can pop a hole in a kick panel, make a good baffle for the mid, and it'll give good results even off axis. Much easier to work with compared to a cone mid. The Dyn 360s, Morel Elates, and DLS Iridiums are good examples of this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us