Kicker CVR 12 vs. Ascendant Audio 12

J sizzle
Unregistered guest
I want to know which subhas better sound quality and spl also which one can hit lower bass

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 215
grrr... the fourm is crackin up again.. this is the only post i can see........

i hear so so much good stuff about Ascendant subs.. me personally i'm not a kicker fan.. i think they freggin suck for the most part...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2213
is that the assasin or the arsenal. the arsenal would kill the CVR in all aspects. the assasin would probably sound better but both have about equal output capabilities.

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 64
which ascendant audio sub? assasin, arsenal, havoc? doesn't really matter all are better sql than kicker cvr.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 380
Kicker has been around for a long time and is a reputable company. There amplifiers are a great bargain for the performace they give. They are almost always underated. I have a KX600.1 that benched at 728 watts @ 2 ohms. 128 watts more then what kicker said it would do. I believe the assasin would still have higher output capabilities due to a higher x-max. The kicker cvr is not a terrible sounding sub, much better then there square shaped subwoofers.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 381
also i believe the assasin has a lower FS(resonant frequency) then the cvr giving the ability to tune lower and play lower more cleanly.

Username: Djcrazy

Post Number: 6
the assasin has a pulp cone though.....

Post Number: 7
I dont like paper subs.

Upload

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 385
Why not, its less moving mass, giving the sub better response and making it more efficient in some sense.

Post Number: 8
No.. One thing you dont want is cone flex

cone flex=Bad

J sizzle
Unregistered guest
Are you guys stupid?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2220
ascendant audios cones wont have cone flex....

Post Number: 9
Have you ever heard on compared to a CVR ??

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 389
I pretty sure Acendant Audio is run by some pretty smart people and they have probaly taken cone flex into consideration. Many high end audio companies use paper cones. The Adire Audio Brahma MkII had a paper cone and could kick the sh.it out of a W7 when it comes to excursion and imo sound better doing it.

Post Number: 10
L7's have a low excursion compared to round subs everyone knows that..

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 392
maybe a POS sharp/sony paper cone woofer that can handle like 75 rms with a crappy thin cone will have flex, but not an AA sub. I own 4 15" adire tempest, they have paper cones, they dont have cone flex, they are very loud and do everything adire said and more.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 393
WTF, read b4 you speak. W7 not L7, big difference. The L7 does have less excursion capabilities but makes up some what with more cone area. The square design also places uneven stress on the cone of the L7 resulting in cone flex and higher rates of surround failure

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5318
They use a kevlar reinforced cone which many companies use these days, such as adire,RE audio,Alpine,ect...Kevlar is very light weight and highly durrable. The paper cones that you need to worry about are polypropelene and treated paper cones without well equiped cone bracing are the subs you need to worry about.

KEVLAR is an advanced technology from DuPont that helps transform ordinary products into extraordinary ones. It combines high strength with light weight, and comfort with protection. Products made with KEVLAR--from protective apparel and sports equipment to automotive parts and ropes used on the Mars Pathfinder--help those who use them to do more, to go farther, to be even better at what they do.

KEVLAR is 5 times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis, yet, at the same time, is lightweight, flexible and comfortable. It is this unique combination of attributes that enable those who use it to realize success, to perform to their fullest potential and to achieve their personal best.

This is your glimpse into the world of KEVLAR . Read on to learn how and why this brand has become an integral part in improving performance in every day life and the many ways KEVLAR can make an impact in yours.

A History of the Power of Performance
The year is 1965. Two research scientists working in a corporate lab create a remarkable fiber. The technology they developed was one that enhanced strength, light weight and flexibility.

It offered numerous other benefits--ones that could be offered in a variety of forms. The scientists were Stephanie Kwolek and Herbert Blades. The company was DuPont. And the technology was KEVLAR .

And, because of the superior protection it provides, KEVLAR brand fiber quickly became the technology of choice for bullet-resistant vests. In fact, police officers have relied on the KEVLAR brand for more than 25 years because of the superior bullet-stopping power it offers. That power and protection comes packed at an extremely light weight, which provides both comfort and freedom of movement to those that wear KEVLAR.

The Properties of KEVLAR
KEVLAR is one of the most important manmade organic fibers ever developed. Because of its unique combination of properties, KEVLAR is used today in a wide variety of industrial applications. KEVLAR para-aramid fiber possesses a remarkable combination of properties that has led to its adoption in a variety of end-uses since its commercial introduction in the early 1970's.

Fibers of KEVLAR consist of long molecular chains produced from poly-paraphenylene terephthalamide. The chains are highly oriented with strong interchain bonding which result in a unique combination of properties.

General Features of KEVLAR :

High Tensile Strength at Low Weight
Low Elongation to Break High Modulus (Structural Rigidity)
Low Electrical Conductivity
High Chemical Resistance
Low Thermal Shrinkage
High Toughness (Work-To-Break)
Excellent Dimensional Stability
High Cut Resistance
Flame Resistant, Self-Extinguishing

The Many Applications of KEVLAR ?
Today, the story of KEVLAR extends far beyond that DuPont laboratory. In the almost 40 years since its discovery, KEVLAR has played a significant role in many critical and diverse applications:

Ropes that secure the airbags in the crucial landing apparatus of the Mars Pathfinder
Small-diameter, lightweight ropes that hold 22,000 pounds and help moor the largest U.S. Navy vessels
Shrapnel-resistant shielding in jet aircraft engines that will protect passengers in case an explosion occurs
Run-flat tires that allow for greater safety because they won't ruin the rim when driving to the nearest assistance
Gloves that protect hands and fingers against cuts, slashes and other injuries that often occur in glass and sheet metal factories
Kayaks that provide better impact resistance with no extra weight
Strong, lightweight skis, helmets and racquets that help lessen fatigue and boost exhilaration

The Future of KEVLAR
KEVLAR is a highly creative material...a constantly improving, evolving technology. Jobs, activities or products that stand to benefit from integrating the dynamic technology of KEVLAR are limited only by your imagination. We invite you to check this site often to see the enhancements and updates we will be making for the use of KEVLAR in applications as diverse as personal body armor, personal life safety equipment including hunting apparel, and personal performance apparel including athletic shoes, hiking boots and parkas. As you can see, the application possibilities for KEVLAR are endless. KEVLAR. It's the power of performance.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us