Turning off??

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 965
ok i can't turn my volume up passed 23 on my HU. if i do my subs turn off, not my whole system just my subs, why does it do this? it just recently started doing it, i don't know why its doing this, nothing has changed or anything. do you guys know what could be happening?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 210
umm... what is your remote on your amp hooked up too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
the remote it hooked up to my HU, perfectly fine. i went to audio express they said it might be that one of my power wires isn't covered, because it isn't...

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
what wire on your HU is it hooked up to?

when you say isnt covered you mean where you spliced it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 968
its hooked up to a blue wire, not sure if it has the stripe or not. yea, the rubber is cut off, and its just chillen there

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
blue blue blue blue.... thinking.... umm yea i think that is the remote wire for the power antenna... that should work.......

if it is blue/white than it should be the remote for the HU power

yea i hade that problem when my Accessory belt got loose and the alternator lost traction alot so the voltage going to the Remote for HU would lack......

i would turn the HU up to about 23 or so and the HU would reset... there should be an accessory wire on the HU.. i think it's red (depeds on your car...... it should be wired to that.. the other issue is the outside case of HU's are a "ground" if the cable is touching mettal that connect to the chassis or the hu it will go there instead of all the way to the amp... electricity takes the path of least resistance.....

http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/

go to this site and find your car... find your colors you need to use

and CAP your splices

Silver Member

Post Number: 969
thanks James i'll look tomorrow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us