Boss RT2500 Class D

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 47
Could I use the Boss RT2500 Class D two power my two 12w3v2's? The subs are dual 4ohm so I would run them to the amp at 4ohms total resistance. At 4ohms the boss is rated at 900w. It has 3x30a fuses, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have trouble getting 900 out of it. What i am wondering is, would the amp be two powerfull for the subs? Could I trun down the power a litte)the gain) or could the w3's handle that much power??

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1178
thoes are only 300 RMS, but they should take 450 a piece if the power is clean. i doubt you'll get the full 900 from that amp, if you do get that much it'll be clipped and with a high THD. boss makes some pretty cheap crap. it should work, just be careful with the gains, don't turn them up too high.

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 48
so you think if i run the rt2500d at 4ohms to those subs it will clip? I was just thinking since the amp was 900w rms at 4ohm it could produce atleast 600w of good/clean power for the w3's. I don't know to much about the gain, does that just adjust the ampount of power the amp puts out or what?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 694
If I had to guess I'd say closer to 900w at 2 ohms than at 4. That doesn't look like any 1500w amp I've ever seen. Should power those subs pretty well though - probably about right at 4 ohms.

Upload

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 49
All I really need to know is do you think it can push two 12w3v2's well at 4 ohm.

Here is the amp that I may buy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5871114183&ssPageName= STRK:MEWA:IT

AUCTION ENDS IN 1HR SO I NEED TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION QUICK!!!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 137
it will push the subs but if you're doing an upgrade later, then it's not that great and Opti nice picture man, sorry the content is not very satisfactoy LOL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
YOU CAN GET A GOOD AMP THAT THROWS 923W IF I'M NOT CORRECT, THE LANZAR VIBE 268 AS OPTI TOLD TO THE FORUM SO YOU CAN GET IT FOR 99$ PLUS SHIPPING, THAT'S A BETTER DEAL THAN THE BOSS

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 51
i don't plan on upgrading this system...i'm going to sell it all when i'm done with it. I just the need an amp that can do 600w.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
lanzar vibe 268 from ebay does 300x2 at least at 4 ohm

Bronze Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 52
Thanks for the posts juliob, but you are missing my point. My point is not that the boss 2500d is the best amp to push my 2 w3's; it is that the auction link i posted had a great deal for that amp, and i wanted to make sure it would work alright with my subs. Money was the issue, it was a great deal for that particular amp, so i wanted to see if it was useable. I was already looking at the directed 600d, viper d600, and jbl 600.1-----which are good deals for amps that would work well with what I need. The boss amp was just a better deal and thats why i wanted to know if it would work, not what amps would work better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us