Whats the loudest 12" sub below $230

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 99
Whats the loudest 12" sub below $230? I just want loud not sound quality. The amp or amps will be able to push it. Is the L7 the loudest in that range?
Thanks

Bronze Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 100
Do you think this is louder the L7 12" ?http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-AS12SQ-D4-12-Square-Atlas-Subwoofer-AS12SQD4_W0QQit emZ5872429327QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Hifonics AS12SQD4 ( AS12SQ )12" Atlas Series
Or Audiobahn AWIS12P 12", or
12" DEEP RUMBLE Subwoofers! http://cgi.ebay.com/12-DEEP-RUMBLE-Car-Subwoofer-12-inch-Competition-sub_W0QQite mZ5873868094QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or
CVX12
or
MA AUDIO HK12X2 12" X2 COMPETITION SUBWOOFER
or
POWER ACOUSTIK MOFO 12" SUB CAR SUBWOOFER 2400 WATT http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POWER-ACOUSTIK-MOFO-12-SUB-CAR-SUBWOOFER-2400-WATT_W0QQi temZ5870235439QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
PHOENIX GOLD XENON X12D2 12" 900W CAR SUB SUBWOOFER
or Alphasonik psw812

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6028
not too sure on those ^

apart from being just plain loud u should be concerned about DURABLITY as well cause u won't enjoy having ur sub (like those MOFOs r reported to) fall apart on u after about 6wks.....

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 201
yea those MOFO's sound like Azz too... very poor subs.. not even worth your time

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 53
no personal experience but i heard that the audiobahn aw1206t gets real loud if your only concern is spl. they are real cheap, you could prolly find 2 for $230. the new kicker cvx looks pretty sweet though.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1417
The L7 seems to be the loudest on your list!

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 144
L7's are by far the loudest, not even close. But they do have trouble sounding musical in my opinion. If u mainly listen to main-stream rap like Lil John and whatever the hell else kids are calling music these days, then you'll be very happy with the L7.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6031
"""whatever the hell else kids are calling music these days"""

Fully agree with that ^ statement !!!....lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5315
me too^^^:-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1185
yep. music today just sucks

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 104
Just curious? How is a L7 so loud with a small magnet, thin rubber, low wattage, and small air vent hole in the back? It weighs only 20lbs as a 12" and others like audiobahn weighing 30-35lbs but the L7 is super loud. Just curios as to why. Does the square make them sound like sh!t?
Thanks

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1425
yea anything square will sound like sh!t... L7 were designed to get loud, plus that square pushes more air I belive too. Magnet & weight has little to do with it.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6071
B

not hearing u ,man

whats up !? .....

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1428
i was going to post yesterday, when it crashed. But I was reading all the stuff, lol, I will catchup today!

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 175
They use the square design so they can put way more cone area on the same official size. Like a 12" L7 has way more cone area than any 12" round. It's basically a cheap parlor trick that gets it really loud, but sacrifices sound quality because its square. I do think kicker has done a good job considering how flawed the design is from an engineering standpoint though.

Bronze Member
Username: Shortyman513

Post Number: 20
ok, the L7's dont sound like shi.t, lol.. yes the magnets are a lil smaller than normal but the square design does not make it sound like shi.t.. .i have (2) 15" Kicker L7's (2006 model) and they are each hooked up to their own 1700 watt kenwood amp and these subs hit like crazy... and the square design doesnt really distort the sound quality at all either Lewass... mine sound excellent.. out of the 5 systems i have had this past year, i have to say that this is one of the best, and i have gone through Kenwood, MTX, JL Audio, etc...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5325
sq is all personal prefference mark. I personally am not a fan of them sq wise.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5922
For L7's being an spl sub.. There sq is decent...

Thats almost like saying the Idmax has sh!tty spl..

Silver Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 183
I agree, they are the very definition of an SPL sub, and in that regard, they do have decent SQ. It's in the transients that they reveal their quirks. But nobody is doubting how fkn loud they get! haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us