250RMS components

Bronze Member
Username: Kavlas

Post Number: 15
Does anyone know of any 250RMS components?

the highest i have found were the cdt's.. at 200W.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 344
components can probably take as much as you want them to if done correctly/carfully. Why you need something so high? Also if you're interested in CDT, email me and i'll help you out.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 693
Not sure if these are any good or not.
APPERENTLY the drivers have 3" VC's which just seems a little gimmicky to me, but they are 250rms, and with that size of voice coil there shouldn't be a problem with heat dissipation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LANZAR-OPTI6C-6-5-Car-Audio-Component-System-Pair_W0QQitemZ5 872833828QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5669
Boston Acoustics Z series, Dynaudio System 340/360, there are some others, too.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5365
Optidriven, I know you like Lanzar products, but that component is not real. I'd be surprised if it put out half of what it claimed.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 696
Upload

Geez ike.
It's not real?
It doesn't "put out" half?

Why do you always try to call me out when you really have no idea what you're talking about???

The guy asked for high power components. I knew of some, I posted them. Never said Lanzar speakers are great, never said I'd take them over Boston, or CDT etc.

As usual your Lanzar stereotype has gotten in the way of your ability to accept a simple fact.

Anything w/a 3" vc can dissipate 250w. Why they'd build a 6.5 with a 3" VC is beyond me, but handling rated power would not be a problem.

And FWIW (which I'm certain isn't much) - I'm currently using the Lanzar CDM6C's (their best comp. line from 2-3 yrs ago) that are rated at 180 rms. They're being powered by a Zed built Opti100.4 which is under-rated (again, a fact - I hope it doesn't cause, also at 180x2 bridged. They handle the power just fine.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5367
Call you out? No idea?
How in the world did you get that perception? Either you're having a bad day, or very drunk.
If I wanted to insult you, I would've done it.

I said that Lanzar is not real cause it's true. It won't handle 250w rms without distorting. If you really think I have "no idea", try testing one.

FYI, when I posted my message, my intention was to show Phil, that not all speakers deliver as claimed. It's too bad that you took it the wrong way.

"Never said Lanzar speakers are great"
Neither did I. You just ASSUMED.
If you read lot of your past posts, you recommended mostly $85 Lanzars refurbs, plus take a look at your name. Now who's being biased/stereotyping?

Anyways, I really don't understand how you interpreted my post as "calling you out" nor insulting.

Username: Vrstudio

Israel

Post Number: 4
morel elate 9" 300w rms. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Stavros

Post Number: 19
my morel 9" 3 ways, the crossover is set up to be bi-amped i am feeding them 400 rms

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2326
yeah morel are power hungry. and ive seen cdt comp sets that take more than 200 rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us