Off topic - Ignition coil in car

Anonymous

Where in a car/truck can i find the Ignition coil and what does it look like and do?

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 49
different models have different setups for the where the coil is located. follow spark plug wires and that should lead you to it generally. the coil makes high voltage to jump the gap on the spark plug. would help if you said what company makes your vehicle.

Anonymous

its a Ford

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 964
thats your problem,get a new car/truck

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 193
i agree.. get a chevy or a honda or a moped or something... but not a ford

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
the plug wires might all lead into a distributer and then there is another wire comming out of the distributer that goes to the ignition coil. or the plug wires might all lead up to a coil pack which is seperate little coils all together.

Anonymous

nothings wrong just hooking up a remote start/alarm and i just need to find the Tach wire and it said its at or around the ignition coil

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
whats wrong with ford. most reliable trucks on the road.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 195
ah... how is that working out? i was thinking of getting one but i'm not sure if it's worth it to do it myself... i'm not to big with patience

Anonymous

really hooking it up aint hard its finding all the wires and taking off panels that just needs patience.

Anonymous

bump

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 590
Anon ... what year make an model is the truck ?

Anonymous

its my brother's 94 bronco

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 591
what u are looking for should be located near the battery under the hood maybe a little bit back mounted some where ... it will have metal prongs an when you use a screw driver to touch the two prongs together it should make ur car try to turn over

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 36
lol joseph lewis why you post as anon.

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 227
LMAO didnt wanna look stupid :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 38
you like how i caught you lol:-) no biggie cause you werent flaming on anyone lol oh and who cares what other people think if its stupid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
yeah you got me lol

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 592
are u looking for the starter ignition Coil.. that is the only thing i would think you would be looking for since it makes the car turn over an ur trying to hook up a Remote start

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 593
well if thats what ur looking for then its what i told you to find in my post before the last post

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
im looking for a wire for the Tach input on the brain and the wiring diagram said its at the ignition coil.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 594
oh are u needing to get to that to hook it up to some kind of Solenoid that ur remote start stuff came with or somthing??? is that how it works with remote start because ive never done one before but the starter ignition coil shouldnt be that hard to find

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 39
the wire you are looking for is tan/yellow @ coil 2 or 3 pin plug
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us