You think you know about basssssssss!!!1

Bronze Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 15
well my question is:

how can you improve the bass without upgrading amplifiers,speakers/subs,box and the tracks.

oh and if you have a low alt and batterie will that affect the sound like if i have two amps that are using alot of watts cuz the lights dim can that affect the sound or the bass thanks

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 799
yes it will afect the sound because your not powering them efficiently you need to get a ho alt if your your lights are dimming or just get 2 diffrent amps(lower wattage)

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 17
wath other improvement can i make to raise the bass without distorned sound and all the expeccions of the above

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 802
what kind of subs do you have are they sealed or ported what kind of amps so on are you looking for sq or spl

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 866
If you are looking for more bass with what you have, just try moving the sub around to all different locations and keep listening to see what's loudest. Also, sound deadening the car will make it louder too.

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 19
im looking for sql but i have the aw1206t audiobahns rated at 1100 rms so i will be going for spl wath you think

and can you recomend me a chep bad @Zs amp that can push them i want the cheapest one possible that is reliable thanks

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 805
first off get rid of the audiobahns cause they suck lol

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 20
i know dude im planning to get two arsenals you think because i live next to the ascendant audio factory can i get cheaper prices and wath you think about these amps wich one will be the best bang for your watt

Power Acoustik A1800DB http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6189.html

hifonicsbx2005

PrecisionPower PCX-1500 PrecisionPower PCX-1500

Precision Power DCX 1000.1
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3918

or two of these Profile California AP2000
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2215

or any recomendations

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 45
a capacitor would prolly help because if your lights are dimming because then you prolly are clipping pretty bad too. got a 1.5 farad for $30 brand new on ebay. 1 farad per 1000 watts is good rule of thumb.

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 26
i alreay have a 3.2 farad cap and when i out it in full the lights dim and wat you wthink about the amps

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 47
ive been happy with my audiobahn a18001dt. it claims 1200 rms at 2 0hm and 1800 rms at 1 ohm. i got it fairly cheap off ebay, $220.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 811
hey guys when you have a capacitor it makes itr worse it adds so much strain onto your alternator and will kill it quick(trust me on this happened to me)and it does this because it not only has to keep up with the amp but has to keep up with the cap and has to keep on chrging it thats all a cap does is charge and discharge only works if you have a ho alt

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 32
yeah but have you ever buy a refurbished amp will worth the money and wats the deal on factory refurbished cuz im getting pretty good deals for hifonics, clarion, precicion power/directed products and i want to buy them but i don know there factory refurbished so i dont know

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 377
A capacitor will not help your electrical problems. It could make it worse. Your cars electrical system has to work harder to keep the capacitor charged and power the amps. A capacitor is only good if you electrical system is addequate in the first place. A capacitor helps keep the voltage going to your amps from dipping during loud use due to the lack of capacitance in the power wire, thus making the amps run cooler and more efficiently.

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 814
hifonics is a good budget amp it is overrated but they are cheap and actually that audiobahn amp a18001dt is a good amp it has been bench tested by people here and puts out the claimed power

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 40
in sonicelectronix is a hifonics bx1600d but is refurbished but is 160 + shipping wath you think about that and there the kicker's l7 refurbished for 160 12 inch wath you think of those

Bronze Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 49
wath you think about this refurbished items

will worth the money???

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 153
Definitely don't get a refurbed L7, that has trouble written all over it. Amps are a different story though, because 90% of the time an amp goes bad, it is relatively cheap and relatively easy to fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us