Help me!

Username: Qksilvr

Post Number: 1
K, as of right now. I have 2 12' Kicker Solo-Baric L7's and 2 Audiobahn 800W amps and an Audibahn Capacitor. I bought the kickers for 300 in enclosed box the amps for 300 and the cap for 100. so its a $700 system. Looking to upgrade to more poundage. I got $1000 to spend on it. Dunno whats better i been using these for a year now. havent looked for anything else. I got a 1989 Mercury Cougar. 15's will fit.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 36
you have those subs in a sealed box or ported?

Username: Qksilvr

Post Number: 2
sealed unfortunetly never got around to buying a ported. does a downfire box do much i dont know much about them either.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2197
if you just port them they will be quite a bit louder. but do you want to go for just louder or sound better too?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11269
put those S12L7s in a ported box, tune the box to 34Hz, use at least 4" ID ports or a slot vent.
800WRMS per sub should be just right.
You may want to upgrade your alternator for that much current draw as well.. amplifiers only do as well as the current they're fed.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11270
PS also couple the trunk to the cabin.. vent the rear package shelf by removing everything between the cabin and trunk area up there, and replacing it with a vinyl or carpet covered shelf you make, that's perforated or made of metal grating so the sound passes freely from trunk to cabin.
that'll help tremendously, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us