I just ordered it!!!! but i want a couple sugetions...

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 452
i just ordered my SX15!!!
yay!

but it is goin to take 2 weeks to get here!
i might die waiting that long.

that have to process it and acually build it. that is kinda cool that they build it directly for you, so my sub will literally be like days old when i get it.

i cant wait

meanwhile, i want to look at upgrading my amp to run that sh!t with. Suggestion?

also i amp currently building a box for it so i will have time to do that. i want to paint it a really glossy black with a white RE symbol on it to cuztomize it to my setup. (the actual symbol on the sub)

how do you fill in the screw indentions so that i can pain over them?

is there a special putty? a brand? can i get it at wal-mart or lowes?

and what paint sould i use? i want it to be really dark black and with a shinny smooth gloss

what do you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 50
you can just go get wood filler doesnt matter where at. make sure you let it dry good. and let everything cure before you put your sub in there.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 455
the box will probly be done for a week b4 i get the sub

any ideas for a good paint or gloss?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 172
i would use automotive spraypaint...
white base coat, lay in your logo, a couple layers of black, remove the insignia, Clear coat it... wet sand the paint 1st than sand the clear coat 2000 Grit

if you can sand it good enough to make it smooth as babys azz itle be really glossy

if you havent painted before with spraycans... practivce on like a small peice of wood or some card board or something... so you can practice your sweeps and sanding

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 307
If I were you I would use a bed liner paint, those hard textured paints at the Auto parts store, makes for a great finish. You will have your sub sooner than you think. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 175
bed liner paint is rough or dull though.. it could be polished up... but would'nt look as nice...

ehh just put some finger paint on it..

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1291
i would agree with polo, and for a amp look into kicker kx1200.1 orion 1200d and RE12.1, and they said 2weeks, hmmm i just ordered the 12.1 amp and they said it would be here next monday.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2201
are u planning on painting the mdf? it wont come out glossy then... you'll need to put some resin on it.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 457
what is resin?

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 458
dustin, they said a few days to process, then they have to build it, then they have to ship it

around 2 weeks

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 612
Terry, they said the same thing for me when i ordered my SX 15, november of last year. I ordered it on a Monday, maybe even tuesday, FedEx had it on my doorstep when I got up the following Saturday. they are quick...

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 459
thats good news

but how do i get the the box glossy?

i want it really glossy black and mabey with the RE symbol on the top or back of it in white, how would i go about doing that?

have have the box build and it whole outside is really smoothly sanded, i also spray-painted the inside of the port black. so that where im at.

now what?

i also bought some wood filler for my screw holes but it says that i souldnt fill untill just before i paint so it will all be the same color, so im holing off on that for now

what do you think?

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 462
i started painting it and i decided i dont like how its turning out so i am just gonna put carpet on it, where should i buy it at?

Anonymous

hey dude just go buy a can of bondo and bondo the holes and the hole front of it sand it down and prime it and and paint it and it will come out nice & smooth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us