facing the back seats

or...

facing the bumper
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 828
theyr completely different subs.

ne wayz. i need to get sum sleep. i dont hav school tomorrow though cuz i got suspended.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2191
pg 1 and 2

http://installer.com/tech/aiming.html

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 551
^^^^^^^^^I read that mikechec and i need an opinion so a car that is completly open on the inside, a hatchback 91 camaro would it sound better in the camaro or in the trunk of another car that is not a hatchback and has a sealed trunk?

Username: Ton

Post Number: 4
last wk-end we tested 2 mtx 9510 in seal box. first we've tested aiming the back seats and then facing the rear bumper. the result was, that sitting in the car they're almost the same, but when you are out side the car and the farther you go, the one facing the rear bumber was louder and lower(reflected Bass) compared to when they're facing the back seats. so in my opinion ,facing the subs to the rear bumper will be the best, if you want that people hear you coming from far away. one aiming position that also give us a good result is the one that i'll show in the drawing below. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2192
Problem with the drawing is it doesn't take into account the rear deck of the car. Keep in mind that the waves that travel through the deck can interfere with and xcl out those firing through the rear seat. Quite a common occurrence. So you would need to seal that deck off for optimal results that way. Rear aiming will also add a considerable amount of rattle (all those long waves in such a confined space multiply), so adequate sound deadening material will be needed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us