Ground loop isolator?

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 42
I read another post on here that said a ground loop isolator would help remove alternator whine/noise from a system. I have this problem also, and just wanted to ask a couple quick ?s.

Can I place the isolator anywhere in between HU and amp? I was thinking it'd be a lot easier just to do it in the trunk, where I have easy access to the RCAs, rather than straight from the HU, which would be a pain. Wasn't sure if had to be "near the source" of the whine.

Do I need to buy one for both my amps? I have a JL 500/1 for my sub, and a JL 300/4 for my component speakers. I'm assuming I do, I just wanted to see if I could get away with only one.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 585
one for the components should do the job an you have to place it in the dash behind the HU.. the component speakers should be the only ones being affected by the whine

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 566
how much does one of those run and where can you get one it seems like it does that whining noise alot in the older chevy vehicles.

Username: Ton

Post Number: 5
How many Amp you have? why you don't just cut a piece of thin wire attach it to the ground parts of your RCA wire and attach the other part of that thin wire at your HU case(steal) it will help more than some of those ground loop isolators.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 164
hehe i had an old chevy with a ground loop.. never fixed it cause i sold the piece of crap..

you can get ground loop isolators almost anywhere that sells audio stuff.. walmart even has em
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us