Won't remote start

Username: Pnaylor

Post Number: 1
Had viper 791xv installed in my pontaic grand am se last year. Everything works great but the remote start has never worked. Installed at best buy but they can't figure it out. They have replace the modulator with different ones. but they never work. The car starts but turns off after 1 second or 2.
They did all the trouble shooting and can't figure it out. What do I do it has been a while since they installed it and the guy is a friend so I don't wanna complain but i bought remote start and it doesn't any ideas.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 44
lmfao... did they learn tach? if they didnt hook the tach wire up and learn tach correctly it will try to crank then stop after a few seconds.

I've actually done 2 of your cars, so it might also be the immobilizer bypass. Which if that wasn't installed correctly it wouldn't have learned tach either because it has to be hooked up to your scanner plug under your driver side dash.

They should have used a 457GW Immobilizer bypass (IB) to bypass your passlockII. Which like I said, if they wasnt installed correctly then it won't do anything. So go back ask them to look at it and make sure they used the right IB. That should be the only problem. Or tach, make sure they learn tach.

Best Buy warranties all installations as long as you own the vehicle. So the most you will have to pay is a penny or 2 more for worksmanship warrnaties. Just bring in your original install sheet when you go back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us