Off topic.... rims

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 944
does anyone know about how much 18" crome rims wiegh? i want to get 18" diablo lionhearts and i can't find how much they weigh

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1028
why does it matter? just curious

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
they slow your car down. and i want to be kind of a street racer, i don't want racing rims, they are ugly

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1030
ohhh i see

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 277
depends on the brand and what they made of

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
crome, diablo lionhearts, silid crome, not lated

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
crome, diablo lionhearts, solid crome, not lated

Silver Member

Post Number: 950
crome, diablo lionhearts, solid crome, not pated

Silver Member

Post Number: 955
lol.... sorry about that..... HAHAHAHA....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2660
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2183
definetly depends on what they are made of. ive picked up 24inch Oz wheels that were light as hell. although at the time they were like 1400$$$ a piece.... my parents have 22s on their cars, well SUVs and the ride is identical. im sure if you measured stopping distance you could probably tell, but the driving experience is fine. i wouldnt worry about the weight of your wheels. hell my system is probably going to end up coming out to 4-500 pounds... lol 2 1000/1s 2 300/2s 300/4 2 SI mag 15s, 8 cuft ported 28hz with 1.25 inch thick walls and 1.5 thick brace and bafffle, and a kinetic monster. thats my future... :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2661
that is going to be a killer system. although the si mag 12s caught my attention, i just decided to go with the 12w7s. i should be getting it in a week or two. i already sold my type Xs.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2186
your the one whose had type Rs Xs and a xxx too right? lol... just cant keep a system can ya? lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2664
don't forget i started with audiobahn subs. lol. after i get the jl subs that should keep me happy for a few months. lol. no really thats it. i can't afford to keep changing my system.

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 813
i think forged aluminum wheels are the lightest and probably strongest

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1534
I wonder how much my system weighs? I actually put air shocks with automatic leveling to compensate for the weight, but I wonder how much it all actually weighs...

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 586
NO limit .. i never weighed my 20 inch rims but the shipping weight for two was 84 pounds ( because they came two in each box an said shipping weight 84 pounds on them ) so 168 for a set of four divided by four comes to 42 pounds each for chrome 20 inch rims

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 587
but it depends on the design of the rims because some just have a few thin Ribs an would probably weigh less then some with a design that wasnt Ribs an stuff

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 552
get cromeplated aluminum 18's. See if you can find t-6 aluminum cause that's suposedly the toughest aluminum you can get besides military. or maybe t-6 aluminum is military aluminum. Idk just get aluminum wheels there the lightest.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 588
they will probably be around 32 pounds each since u want 18's

these are the Rims?

http://www.wheeltech.com/wheels/diabloracing/lionhart_l.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
nice rims but not my style

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 652
i would estimate them to weigh around 30-35 pounds like what cadillac said i have some motegi chrome 17's and they are known for being light. the diablos are thicker and of course bigger.

BTW cadillac those wheels are awesome if i get new wheels in the future i would get those bad boys in 19's. those wheels in 20's prolly would not work w/ my car.

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 180
the weight of the rim does not I repeat DOES NOT effect the acceleration of the vehicle (u ouldn't notice it) but it will effect the deacceleration of the vehicle.

so....it wouldn't really matta if its like 15 more lbs. than what u wanted, thats because were talkin bout 18's here not 24's N' 26's.

people that upgrade to 24's N' 26's should get new brake callipres and all the other brake sh!t.
like Chauncey I don't know if he upgraded his brakes or not but he should've.

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
CadillacDb, yea those are the exact rims, do you think they are crome plated or solid crome? 32 each... is that alot for rims or is that kinda heavey, i know nothing about rims

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 653
well chrome rims are chrome plated if they were made entirely of the metal chrome they would be brittle. so there is a basic metal finish underneath all the chrome and those particular rims i beleive are triple chrome plated. like andre said the weight doesn't really matter that much when your talking about rims around this size.

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
no one sells pure chrom rim's, chrome plated

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 830
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help