Audiobahn a2300 hc

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 223
Does this thing suck????? Could pick one up nice and cheap will it actually push like 2000 watts at 1 ohm bridged, clean???? opinions...

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 676
there not the best amps, but it will do the trick. they are probably overrated. which means that it wont put out 2300 watts. maybe 1800. im not for sure. never had one. i just know what others in here say.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 579
it will do 2300rms Clean....ive had one benched but urs could do a lil more or a lil less because all the same amps dont put out the exact same RMS

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 580
Its rated for 2400rms when bridged an presented with a 1 ohm mono load so it falls short by 100rms of its rated power .... how much are you planning to pay for it ????????????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
like 230 shipped, great condit. its that or 220 for a n orion 1200d...

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
can i wire it to an orion h2, dvc 2 ohm??? the specs on it are messed up so i am not sure if i bridge it at 1 ohm, to one channel and get the 2300...

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 683
if you want to get clean true power then get the kicker kx2500.1. mine's birth sheet said 2885 watts rms.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 683
High current a/b amps are the least efficient type you can get. If that Audiobahn is really 2400w it's going to take a BIG electrical system to power it. Over 300A peak current draw. Over 100A rms for full volume music.

The kicker, for 2500w is about 250 peak/85 music.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
yah, just could get it for much cheaper than say an orion 2500d and i know i can't afford a kicker just from the prices on their lower power amps....I'm prolly gonna put a 160 amp alt in....my stock is 70 so i have at least 100 amps for my music alone....the class a/b thing is what turns me off, we'll see if the price is right i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5360
Why would a class ab turn you off? I run class AB for SQ in my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
they are less efficient/require the more power for the same output....i think it's like a 20% difference....empasis on I THINK becuase i don't think right a lot....

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 686
the kicker would draw more like this:
2500watts / 15volt = 166 Amps / .70(efficiency) = 237 amps @ 2500 watts and thats at 15 volts. realistically it would be more like 14 or 13 and that would cause an even greater current draw.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
yeah but for music listening/everyday listening you only need about half of your max amp draw continously as opti said up there. There is no way in hell i'm getting the kicker though because i am way way to poor :-)

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 688
then check into the orion amps. by the way how much are you willing to spend on an amp? tell us and we'll help you pick out the best one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
I already know what i want/am planning to get....just saw the audiobahn for sale and thought maybe i could get more power sooner...I am gonna go with a orion 1200(found one for 200 shipped, still in box i thinkg) for now so i can still upgrade my alt/big3...and down the road i'm gonna get a 2500d orion or viper.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 589
JOsh were is that Audiobahn A2300hct at for 230 shipped im gonna buy it ... i dont give a crap if its Audiobahn because if i can get it for 230 shipped i can turn around an sell it for nearly 450 bucks to any kid down the block

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
it is actually 260 shipped i was gonna offer hime 230 shipped.....don't know if he'd take it cause he origanally wanted 280 shipped...but i can still hook you up with him...He's on the caraudio.com boards. I haven't seen his post in a day or two so he might have sold it. If he hasn't i will tell you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us