System just about complete! / any recommendations ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3177
Head Unit / Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP

Component Set / CDT-HD62 set with the 480 crossover and DRT-26SAT tweeter package

Rearfill / CDT - EF-61NEOX 2 way coaxial set powered off Head Unit.

Amplifiers / 2 PPI A600.2's, 1 for sub and one for the component set.

Subwoofer / ID MAX 12 or 3 JL 10w6v1's, both sealed off the a600.2 @ 4 ohm impedence

- Dynamat Extreme Door Kit
- KnuKonceptz.com wiring
- 180-200A HO Alternator from Excessive Amperage
- Viper 5000 2 way alarm

Thats all going to be installed in a 98-00 toyota camry. I cant wait to have it installed in the near future. Am i missing anything guys ?

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 192
the only thing else you may want to consider is a sound processor, sounds like a sweet set up man. Let us know how those CDT's work out, I am leaning more and more towards those because I plan on sticking with stock locations in my car.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3180
Ive already heard them in my last car and there fantastic. The best set ive ever heard or owned. They are amazing off axis and even sweeter on axis/closer to the midrange.

Jonathan if you get a chance to see this. Let me know what you think. Dont know to much about sound processors or anything. My Premier 860 has a 13 band eq with 3 6.5v preouts. Anybody else have suggestions, feel free to post your input. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5359
1/3 octave equalizer and PPI Image enhancer. That's what I have in my car.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3181
What does it do that the 13 band EQ that my HU cant do ? Is it really worth adding to this system ? Like i said, im not very familiar with sound processors etc.... Never used one in the past.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5667
You have 30 bands of EQ, and if you get a processor you're able to EQ each individual channel. Definately worth adding.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 341
if you're going to get one of those 1/3 i'd get an Eclipse 84 series HU. Not as many channels but less complicated and easier to tune. 30bands is alot to deal with and a RTA is needed to do it well. Also the PPIA600.2 whats its rated at? Will it power the IDMAX to its potential? Also change out the 480 for the 560 or the US500XT crossovers.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3183
Jonathan, im assuming you are talking about this http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1264

PPI A600.2 is rated at 600 x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged and that is all you need for the ID MAX 12. The most i whould go is 800 watts rms.

I have a PPI PCX 2200 amplifier also that does 800 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged but i dont think i want to use it on just 1 ID MAX 12. Whould be perfect for 2 ID MAX 12's but i have the dual 2 ohm versian on backorder so i can wire it to 4 ohm impedence which matches the PPI A600.2

alteraudiousa / Why upgrade to the 560 crossover ? / Whats the major differance.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3203
On and the other sub setup i may get is 2 12w6ae's in a sealed box at 1.25 cuft each off a JL 5001/1 , these subs are dual 6 ohm so it whould be wired at 1.5 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us