Ray A.
Unregistered guest
What would you say in your opinion is the best bang for buck SQL sub? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2175
hmmm right now id have to say Arsenal

but i havent listened to my mags yet...i think they will be worth their MSRP of 530 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 424
Yep I'd have to say Arsenals as well. Those things seriously get LOUD. Louder than Avalanches, and I have yet to hear them distort at all at any volume... Mine actually are for sale so I can get 2 Havocs..

Ray A.
Unregistered guest
Do the Havocs having good sq...i'm tryin to decide between the arsenals and the havocs...thanks

Ray A.
Unregistered guest
it didn't bump

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 529
do eclipse ti's have more sql than the arsenals or the havocs?

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 426
ehh. I don't believe they do...

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
six are you the one with the camaro?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2190
Sound Splinter RL-P. About to bag 2.
http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=078631

Cut & Paste:-)

Silver Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 427
Yep I have the camaro. But I just got my 99 Monte' back so I'm looking to install in that for daily...

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
87 monte is the sh.it i like the 87 buik grand national,nice car

Kyle D
Unregistered guest
how good is the sq of the havocs? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 31
SI mags are great SQ subs. Much better quality than the rl-p subs. Main reason being they come form a much better build house. Overall a higher quality product that will give you the SQ and the output that you are looking for.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5358
Try JL 12W7 in a HO box.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5308
chad said that the Havoc's have great sq but it has yet to be determined. Baseball1187 ordered one and it is on the way, talk to him once he gets it to get the details. I agree with Isaac the w7 will get loud and sound good also the SI mag is another great choice. ID max is another great one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
"SI mags are great SQ subs. Much better quality than the rl-p subs. Main reason being they come form a much better build house. Overall a higher quality product that will give you the SQ and the output that you are looking for."

"Much better sq"? Please do elaborate. Do you know of any having failed? Curious as to the criteria youi½re using here. The RL-p is about as solid as they come.

"Much better build house"? Really? http://tcsounds.com/

Had you left out the "Much" es, I would have taken the post at your word, being that I haveni½t heard a mag. But it just sounds like the same repetitive young forum bs. Reciting what someone may have iterated elsewhere and then blowing it way out of proportion.
And with regards for the Mag, it sounds like about 5 or 10 people standing behind the wagon pushing it until it catches on and groupies start to jump aboard. And the pushers are usually the ones who havn't heard it (not saying this is necessarily the case with you). And didn't the initial post say something about bang for the buck? The Mag is like 500.00 isn't it? VS the rl-p at 220.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2194
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

"Overall a higher quality product that will give you the SQ and the output that you are looking for."

Sounds like a sales pitch straight from the manufacturer. Do you sell these things?

Sounds like "Run with the best. Run with the Brahma.":-)
Don't mean to pick. Just strange that all.

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 32
Actually I have a mag 12 sitting in my living room. I have heard them plenty of times.

As for the other things you brought up. MSRP on the mag is $500 and you are comparing that to direct pricing on if you buy 2 of the soundsplinter subs. I mean come on haha. I am sure if you bought 2 mags and talked with Nick you could get a much better price than 500 a piece.

As far as build quality goes. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD OTHER PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT ON ANOTHER FORUM AND I DON'T WANT TO BE SPREADING BAD INFO.

I heard that Soundsplinter gets their subs from tcsounds.com. And that Stereo Integrity used to get their subs from there but they had a problem with the build quality and weren't get the quality they wanted. I also heard that SI switched build houses and now is in a better place and their subs are holding up much better there.

That is just what I read and let me know if it is correct or not. It is so hard to keep track of all the companies these days and where their subs come from that I could be mistaken.

Let me know what you think.

Also, Yeah my line did sound kind of cheesy haha. I probably heard it from a commercial or something and it was just the first thing that came out. All i meant was I thought the mags were better built and after hearing both the mags and rl-p series from SS I liked the SQ of the rl-p's better. That is all opinion though.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2206
did mean u liked the SQ of the mags better?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 342
Simmer down boys!!!!! Here's we go, i've used both and like both companies but neither sub can truly be compared as they are two different beast in the SQL catergory. Overall the Mag does beat out the RL-p, why. better low end. Mag has a hefty amount of output below 45hz. Does exceptionally well in the 30-40hz region. It remains tight and controlled and goes down with no problems into the 10hz region. RL-p is good but not as good in the lower regions. It struggled to stay controlled on Lullaby when being pushed to about 69/80 full volume. Mag took 76/80 before we backed off. I could have gone more, but its was Nick's prototype that was going into his sister's car so I couldn't mess it up or come close. My 2nd Gen mag went all the way up to 80 on Lullaby and This Love which are intensly heavy on bass. The RL-p does have a better sound if blending in with a decent frontstage. It has higher extension letting it blend into the midbass better. Some see or hear this as better SQ but all that means than is your frontstage is not holding its own. The RL-p is like the ED AE's IMO. Very similar in sound the RL-p the better of the two but very similar characteristics. Also SS does use TC while SI uses desiji IIRC. I can't remember what it was but I believe it was the terminals or VC that Nick said you can look at and automatically know which buildhouse its from. Si has been with this buildhouse for a while. 2nd gen came from there, not sure where the Claw(1st Gen came from). There is no more direct pricing from SI but the Mag is more of a sub than the RL-p. RL-p is definitely good but size for size, the Mag is better. If looking for either one really good sub or something to take to a comp here and there and be competitive the Mag is my first choice.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 13
hey what about alpine type X for an SQ sub they go very loud and very good quality one guy hit 140db with one 10" not bad for a SQ sub. they r cheap to about $249 on onlinecarstereo.com most SQ subs are way more expensive then 249!!I got type X it sounds awesome they r better then the w7 cause they are way cheaper!!and they also go louder

Gold Member

Post Number: 2196
Thanks for the review on the Mag. Interesting specs, but I talked to Nick and he directed me to the good 'ol 500.00 web site (ngh).

"Mag has a hefty amount of output below 45hz. Does exceptionally well in the 30-40hz region. It remains tight and controlled and goes down with no problems into the 10hz region."

But the obvious question here is were you using separate enclosures? And if so, were they geared toward the sub's suggested specs? I know that the Mag is a sealed beast, but the rl-p is a ported sub and does best tuned to 28hz. It's not going to reach 10hz (not that anything outside harmonics could be heard that low). The reason I ask is because I know very few subs that do as well down low as the rl-p. That's its forte. Like when the rl-p was demonstrated to outshine the xxx, but with insufficient power to the RE. The test was administered by an SS affiliate (not RE).

Also, you can tell a TC by the terminals and the basket. They have excellent build quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2197
"got type X it sounds awesome they r better then the w7 cause they are way cheaper!!and they also go louder"

there is no sub that is necessarily better than a w7. Different, and better geared toward ones taste, but the w7 outshines the X in every category imo. not a bad sub. Certainly competition worthy, but the 6 and 7 are decades in the making.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 343
Well most TC sound subs are either the 4spoke design or the design that is one the the new Lightning Audio Storm subs, IIRC. Most of TCs are the 4spoke basket but there are a few protos and the one that the RL-s use. And yes the Mag even ported is quite a scary beast, and its tuned for 28hz. I used a sealed box. The Rl-p is designed to excel in smaller boxes. The Mag 12 requires the typical 1.5cu ft sealed while the RL-p can be in one as small as 1cu ft. And hate to say it to someone but the Type X is not really in the same class as the Rl-p and the Mag. The W7 is a hard sub to beat as fas as build but performance there are some smaller companies that rival it if not beat it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2202
"The Rl-p is designed to excel in smaller boxes."

That's actually a misconception. They do perform in sealed enclosures as it states on the web site, but the only way they excel is ported. They are really quirky and install specific. Give it 1.7 cuft for best sq/spl ratio. 2cuft for greater output (peaks at 30hz though). Tune both to 28Hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us