HELP Power Acoustik MOFO

Gibs
Unregistered guest
ive heard so many great things and so many reveiews on these subs i need to know wht my fav forum thinks about these subs all i know is tht they said they areextreamly loud and will have everyone talking bout you,thankx in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 46
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169238/3
I had the sub for 6 months now. I had it running off a Power Acoustik 2400d mono amp. Then changed over to the Orion 5000d amp. My mistake the sub is a good sub but don't over power it at all. I ran it at 1000rms and it was good but anymore and it will blow I know its rated at 2600peak but I was pushing it at 1000rms and you could hear the sub peak and bottom out. On my new amp it blew in a week even with all the knobs turened down. The sub is loud dont get me wrong but dont over power it and dont expect the best for quality its mostly a spl sub. How did you plan on powering it and were you going to go ported or sealed?

Gibs
Unregistered guest
ported all the way and either with a poweracoustik 2400d or an earthquake ph2000

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 49
yeah if you look at my 2nd page on cardomain i actually had a ported box but my new custom one was made sealed to gian some sq and because my new setup will be more sq. I miss the ported though it was hella loud. I've never used the earthquake ph2000 before but I must say the power acoustik 2400 is awesome for the price you get alot of power.

Gibs
Unregistered guest
so tell me bro is it louder than a kicker L7 or is the kicker louder and is the 2400PW a power hog?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 459
You want good advice? Well, when it comes down to it, Gibs... the Power Acoustik is NOT more for your $$$!!! By far! It WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT, fail on you after a short amount of time. They all do. Matt is right about it being loud... but who cares, if it's only going to be loud a short while. I mean, how loud can a blown sub get? REALLY! I myself, had 2 10" FUBR's a while back. I was only running one at a time. I had the other for a backup. The first one blew within a week and the other one ended up with torn/burnt tinsel leads over, and over, and over, and over (no matter how many times I repaired it - it kept on burning off or ripping)... until finally the subwoofer caught on fire one day! No s,h,i,t!!! I swear to God, man. That sub straight up burst into m,o,t,h,e,r f,u,c,k,i,n,g flames, man! (I looked over and seen a flame the size of the one you would see from a standard bic lighter) but it WOULD'VE been HUGE in a matter of seconds! That's when I said, "ENOUGH!" I picked that pathetic phuking s,h,i,t up, and left it on the sidewalk right then and there. Enclosure and all! F,u,c,k Power Acoustic! Seriously! It's nothing personal... their subs just suck! Sure, their inexpensive, and loud, but also have one the very worst reputations I've ever seen for almost ALWAYS proving to be trash within a very short time. Oh, and it's true... overpower them EVEN ONCE... and bye bye!
I know I seem like I'm bashing them and I don't want you to think that... What I'm doing is trying to save you time, money, effort, stress, and disappointment. It seems like you must be a newbee when it comes to car audio. If so, lesson number one: Power Acoustic is NOT a highly recommended subwoofer manufacturer... it is NOT a good deal for the price... it WILL cost you MORE if you keep replacing these subs with ANOTHER Power Acoustik model instead of moving on to decent products (example: alpine type r's, re audio, ascendent audio, etc. - all VERY GOOD SUBS FOR THE PRICE. seriously. Ask ANYBODY, ANYFUCKINGBODY, on this site who KNOWS car audio... and they'll tell you the same thing. (just not in so many words - lol)
Make a long story even longer... TRUST ME! Don't buy Power Acoustic unless you want disposable subwoofers... because that is EXACTLY what you are buying, if you do!!! You will either learn from your own mistakes or from the mistakes of others. No doubt about that. I'm just sick and tired of knowing that countless people are getting screwed over with blown subs, torn leads, burnt voice coils, even FIRES IN THEIR CARS... when all they want to do is finally get that system they've always wanted. There's no reason I should let any of you guys go on thinking that this manufacturer even makes a "half way" decent sub! Who cares if it got loud for you?!?! How many decibals do you think you can hit with a couple of f,u,c,k,i,n' STINKY a,s,s, BURNT voice coils?

Mmmmm... don't you love that smell?
Come on, admit it.
You know that smell...

IT F,U,C,K,I,N,G SUCKS!!!
I HATE THAT F,U,C,K,I,N,G SMELL!!!

Sorry to seem kinda psycho on this post, but I've written too much to go back and delete it or not post it at all! Besides, it's true!

Peace.
lol

by the way:
CHAUNCEY!!! WHAT'S UP, BRO? YOU ONLINE OR WHAT?!?! E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU EVER TALKED TO THAT "CRACKHEAD" YOU SAID HAD STUFF FOR SALE... LOL MY BUDGET IS DECENT AGAIN... BUT NOT FOR LONG! LMFAO. LET'S HURRY UP, DOG, BEFORE I WASTE IT ON FAST FOOD AND SCRATCHERS AND S,H,I,T.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 127
Yo, Matt, no offense, but the reason it blew is because you put it in a sealed box... I think lasting a week under direct abuse is pretty good.

The mofo is for PORTED ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

I am running one myself and the sound quality actually isn't all that bad, when I bought it I was expecting the worst sound quality but I was pleasantly surprised.

I am using it in a smaller than recommended box size, so its not as loud as I would like. But it is very loud for a single 12" that costs $135 new.

The sub is actually quite nice, the only reason it is not the best value for the money is because you could run 2 12" subs off any amp that would power the mofo and you would be louder with 2 than the 1 mofo.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us