Amp trouble

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 39
i have a sony amp and a interfire sub in my truck. and it works fine when my trucks not started like when i have the key turned on just for the accesories it works perfectly fine but when i start my truck up it only plays for a few seconds then shuts off and when i turn the stereo off and on again it plays again for like 10 secs and shuts off again. anyone know what the problem could be thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 678
does the protection light come on on your amp?

Username: Wilson0780

New waterford, Ohio United staes

Post Number: 1
i have a duel 460 watt amp hooked up to 2 rockford fosgates p2 punches. i have power to my amp and the light turns on but when the subs go to hit the light changes from green to red which is protection how do i fix this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
yes the protection light does come on changes from green to red after a little while

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 687
just out of curiosity remove the remote turn on wire from the amp and add a jumper from the B+ terminal on your amp to the remote turn on on your amp. Then see if it works. Don't leave it like that though cause it will run your battery down. tell me if it makes a difference. If it doesn't make a difference then get a volt meter and measure the voltage going into the amp both while the car is off and running. let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
what exactly is a jumper? do i just run a wire from the positive to the remote turn on my amp

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 690
yes. just a piece of wire from B+ on the amp to the remote terminal on the amp. remove the old remote wire from the amp.

Username: Dvo125

Post Number: 7
Yeah do what Lucas is saying /\/\/\/\ I'm pretty sure your remote wire is geting cut off when you turn your car on. What is that remote wire connected to? a 12 volt cigarrete lighter?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ya im not actually sure it was a long time ago when i hooked up the remote wire but i know it was working because when my old amp was hooked up it worked fine but maybe its fallin off or sumthing. and if i hook the jumper up and the amp works fine then would that mean the remote wire is not workin properly

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 697
yes, but this is just a diagnostics test to find the problem. so try it and let us know what happens.

Username: Dvo125

Post Number: 8
yeah that means your remote is not getting a full 12 volt charge which happens alot. I had that problem too, I connected my remote to a "12 volt" wire and my amp wouldn't stay on... it's because that wire i connected to was being used by too many things when the car was on and it only pushed 11.5 volts to my amp so it never turned on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us