Need amp for 2 12" arsenals

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 954
Right now I have a Kicker KX450.2 putting 225rms to each sub. I don't want to spend more than 200 for a new amp and I am keeping my charging system stock no matter what (85 amp alternator, Duralast Gold Battery, 1.2 Farad capacitor). My main option right now is the Orion 600D. I need something right around that, that is stable at 1 ohm. I saw some refurbs on ikesound and was wondering if I should even look into them. I want to have a good amplifier, like my kicker or better.

Viper D600.1 refurbished ($99)
Orion 600D refurbished ($115)
PPI DCX1000.1 ($185)- pretty powerful for a stock electrical system

Or the Orion 600D for $200 on cardomain. Brand new. Which would you choose? I know I will be severely underpowering the subs but more than likely the 600 watt amps would put out more than that.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 139
Chris, you will still be underpowering those subs. You need at least an amp with 1000W RMS @ 1 Ohm.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5273
"Or the Orion 600D for $200 on cardomain. Brand new. Which would you choose? I know I will be severely underpowering the subs but more than likely the 600 watt amps would put out more than that. "

that amp won't put out any more power then it is rated for. like paul said you would be better off going with something around 1200 watts. If you only have $200 my reccomendation is to play what you have for a while untill you can save up a little more to get a better amp, you don't want to go out and get a cheap amp that says 1600 watts on it that in reality put's out less then your current amp. I would look for a kicker 1200.1, jbl bp1200.1, marshall said he might be selling his JBL so try to ask him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 956
I really, for certain reasons won't be able to spend more on my car audio for a couple years because of college and living expenses. I am getting rid of my old amp so I need something in the price range of $200. I talked to Chad and he said that even though I am underpowering them that I am still getting the full SQ, just not SPL. I don't need anything insanely loud. Just louder than my 450rms. Is that PPI a decent amp and would that even work on a stock electrical system if I just watch the volume? I probably will just end up getting the Orion through car domain though :/

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 428
I have a Soundstream Rubicon 1000-2 For sale... Great underrated Oldsku Sq amp w/ many controls... Does 1000x1 @ 4&2 ohm, 500x2 @ 2&1 ohm, 200x2 @ 4 ohm. Lemme know if interested. AIM: SiXStatiC Hotmail: skazi_six@

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 561
maybe a kicker kx1200 or would that be overpowering them

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
I have a stock electrical system. I really doubt it will support either of those amps.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5303
going from 225/sub to 300/sub will not be that much of a noticable gain if any at all. If anything I would stay with the kicker and get the kx600.1 what about a ed nine.1? you can prob find a used one for around $200.

Anonymous

Ok, heres what i think about your little list you have:
Viper D600.1 refurbished ($99)
Orion 600D refurbished ($115)
PPI DCX1000.1 ($185)- pretty powerful for a stock electrical system
me realizing that your system sucks really bad.....priceless

PS. You mother should have swallowed you. BYE!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 959
wow, you should shoot yourself because your not funny. Only thing wrong with the kicker 600.1 is that it is only 2 ohm stable. I need 1 ohm stable because of dual 4 ohm subs. Are kickers really that much better than Orion's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 960
Plus that ed nine.1 would kill my electrical system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 961
Plus that ed nine.1 would kill my electrical system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us