Bass blockers

Username: Ledzep

Post Number: 3
does anyone know where i can buy bass blockers that cut from 85hz down? i have a amplified bazooka tube BTA8100 , and its built in crossover cuts at 85hz, yet all i can find in bass blockers to compliment this bass tube only go down to 200hz, which would leave a freq gap between 85hz and 200hz.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11245
stop crossposting in every forum with the same thread

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 333
i don't even get what you['re trying to do? A bass blocker is a cheap man's way of crossing over the low end of say a midrange speakers. And typically the cutoff is 12db or 6db if that. Crossovers don't cutoff right at that frequency, they slope off. Also why even use one? What type of HU you have? Does it have a crossover selector for your mids or fronts?

Post Number: 9
what is it with you people? first off glasswolf, the forum was messed up last night and i was trying to get an answer so i could order some as soon as possible. i cant post more than one forum, but yet its ok for people to brag about smoking pot on here and show naked pictures ... how f-up is that?
alteraudiousa, i did not ask for opinions, nor did i tell you what i was trying to do for a reason, so you should not answer questions that are not asked. i simply asked if anyone knows where i can buy bass blockers that cut off at 85hz, if ya have an answer fine, if not then dont reply. i have extensive training in sound reinforcement and there is probably not much equiptment from a guitar amp all the way to a full blown concert that i could not set up and run. if i come in and ask for suggestions, fine, suggest away. otherwise, you and all your stoners buddies on this forum should stop trying to out wit each other to make up for having a small dick. there are some people in the world that like music to actually listen to, not to make people turn their heads as they drive by. you know what i see when you stoners drive by bumpin and thumpin? i see a kid with a bad parent and a small dick saying "look at meeeeee ....look at meeeeee... aint i cool"!
this particualar set up is for what is known as a "slip seat box" , in laymans terms its a box that truckers use that switch trucks alot, and its easy to steal so its not worth spending alot of money on. typically the box has a cb radio and some sort of am/fm/cd HU, and gets power from quick connect power post mounted on the dash. most better paying truck drivin jobs that also give you ample home time have this setup. nothing is allowed to be permanently mounted. its not made to win contests or make you turn your head, its made for the driver to switch quickly from truck to truck, and entertain him as he drives.
everything on this is middle of the road stuff for "decent" sound. i have to have a little thump, so i built it around a BTA8100 amplified bazooka tube.for this situation, it works great, not that heavy, woofer is perfectly matched to the tube, amp is big enough to thump a little, but still small enough not to draw more than 15 amps from quick power connects on dash, also the air flow in and out of the tube port keeps the amp cool. in order to save weight and space, i used 2 xplod 2way 5.25in full range speakers, and had 200hz bass blockers on them and there was a definate loss in the freq range between them and the bass tube. i know all about the slope, and thats fine, im just wanting to take a little load off the crappy 5.25in speakers. the HU is a pioneer mp3700,and the FIE feature on it does not work good enough for what i want. at this point you are probably going to laugh at the cheap equiptment, but thats fine, im not going to spend $2000 + on a slip seat box that could easily be stolen, and the better it is, the more likely they will steal it. this setup doesnt look all that great but it sounds good enough to entertain a truck driver while he is working. it beats the hell out of what most truckers that slip seat make, most of their boxes are something like a plastic tool box, with a kmart stereo and jenson speakers, and most of the time out of phase on top of that.
now.... with all that crap out of the way... i will re-ask my question. does anyone know where to find decent bass blockers that cut off at 85hz? or shall i say inline passive crossover for the "know it all" boys in da house .... lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5664
Places like Best Buy should have some in whatever impedance your woofer is. You'll want it to be 100-125hz to blend with the bass tube, remember that a crossover doesn't instantly cut off above/below the frequency, the output of both will combine and produce a flatter response than if you had them both at 85hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks... a decent answer ...wow ... your allright Jonathan. i checked best buy where i live, they got the same crap walmart has....stops at 200hz.. and that does leave a good size gap, slope or no slope. but thanks for the answer in a respectful manner.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5666
Crutchfield, sounddomain, other online sites like that have them in a cutoff freq. you'd want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
jonathan , i came to this forum because i did tons of searching online lookin for what i wanted, and had no luck, and sometimes people here do have some good links, if ya can get past all the idiotic replies first. i did find some on ebay, and cheap too $2.79 a pair, they had 5 pair, i bought all of them since they were so cheap. but the pic looked old and sorta generic, so im not puttin much faith in them. im just in a hurry to get this done and over with. crutchfield does have some that are close, but dont really look any better than the ebay ones. im just shocked as popular as car audio is now, that there are not lots of sites selling these things, even if alot of people dont believe in using them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
sounddomain ? sounddomain.com ? ? ? ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us