Ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Steven132221

Post Number: 32
what is really the difference between 1 and 2 ohms? can you really tell? i know at 1 ohm your making your amp work harder, but is 1 ohm really louder than 2 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1024
if your amp is stable at 1 ohm, and you wire your subs to one ohm, you really will get alot more power to your subs at 1 ohm than at 2 ohms. the sound quality isnt really that much of a difference but generaly if your buying a permanent system, running it @ 1 ohm will get you the most power for your $

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
so do you think a orion 2400d amp running at 1 ohm is better than the viper 2500d running at 2 ohms? hooked up to 2 15" L7's that are 2 ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
well since your getting L7's and they come in dual 2 OR dual 4...get them in the dual 2, wire them to 2 ohms and get the viper

Gold Member

Post Number: 1026
i know i said that 1 ohm would be better, but i think those amps are about the same price, and if you can get the same amount of output @ 2 ohms with viper, as you can with the orion, and for the same price ...id go with the 2 ohm viper

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thanks for the help guys

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5343
There is not much difference between an amp that's 2ohm stable and another that's 1 ohm stable. You'll be pushing both amps to their limit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
now that i think about it,i think the orion may be less of a strain on your electrical system because it only has one ohm of resistence to deal with. with the viper, you still have the same amount of watts but with more resistence, so it would seem that it would be pulling more from the electrical system....someone correct me if im wrong

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i may sound dumb but anyways, sine the the viper 2500d is a class d mono amp, does that mean it would put 1250 watts to each sub or more?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us