Jonathan or Glasswolf - advise on Eclipse HU needed :-(

Username: Chodecz

Post Number: 10
Hi, firstly you two guys are great, keep up the great advice on this forum.

Im building a system for my car, and am starting with the HU. I have read loads of good things about Eclipse HUs on here, so am going that route.

First of all i would like to know which model to choose. I am in the UK and would be buying over eBay - would there be any problems with regard to the security key, etc?

I need a top-end SQ HU, with good preamp voltage.

I dont necessarily need all the features of the cd8454, but need the SQ, etc.

What of the new models?

Please, any advise will be greatly appreciated!
(my budget is around $450 USD), thanks

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 186
hey you could buy my eclipse cd5444 it is the step down from the cd8454... :-) asking 200 USD plus shipping, it's a GREAT piece!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Cool. Will you post to England though? If so how much? (use USPS please, as it is by far cheapest).

How long have you owned this unit? Was it from new?

Does it come with everything from new? e.g. box, manual, remote, memory stick, harness??????

Also, what condition is it in? e.g. any scratches, even minor ones???

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
P.S.

Check out this auction - $207 for BRAND NEW one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-CD5444-Qty-50-AVAILABLE_W0QQitemZ7570657791QQcategor yZ18798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Bananakrill

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 199
I'll give you my crappy Eclipse for free, the 8454. Worst piece of garbage I've ever owned. Yeah, it sounds great... when the CDs play. Tomorrow I'm going to rent a van and back over the unit, then throw it in the bay. I h8 Eek lips.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 199
you should sent your unit into eclispe, if you purchased it brand new fro ma dealer and they installed it, then it carries a 3 year warranty.

if you bought it from an authorized dealer and you installed it, it will carry a one year warranty.

Silver Member

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 200
I know, I know about the crappy warranty. I'm on my third unit. It's actually back at the dealer right now and he's trying to get me a new model because this is the third time it has messed up. I hate Eclipse decks. Then he sold me another deck with 3 sets of RCAs but the subwoofer (non-fader) can't be controlled so I can't adjust the bass. I'm moving to Pioneer, or Alpine next. Anyone wanna buy the CD5000, the deck he said he's going to get me? Or my crap CD8454 for free?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1602
if your giving away that 8454 send it to me, im sure i can find something to do with it.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6474
I will give u a $1 for it...4real.lol

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6475
But really what do u want for the CD5000

Silver Member

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 201
If I get it I only want $400. You pay shipping. That will cover most of what I paid for the 8454, then I can go Pioneer. If they don't give me one, I'm going to take my skillsaw to the eightfourfivefour and then gasoline and a match. Then go Pioneer.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6483
Thats a little much i can get it on ebay for around $325 shipped

Silver Member

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 202
That's a good deal for a brand new cd5000, almost unbelievable. Go for that one. But mine is from a dealer, will have the one year warranty, and I would even send you a thank you card. But whatever, if you don't want a thank you card.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us