Helppp amp problem

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 168
I was driving around the otha day and i got a flat tire so i had to take my sub box out of my trunk but then the next day i put my sub box bak in my trunk ready to hook it up but everytime i turn the radio on the fuses pop in my amp i even tried to restrip the wires goin to my amp and it did it again. i blew 12 fuses and idk what else to do. I'm trying to think why the fuses keep popping because it never ever did anything like this before. What is some of ur opinons of what could be happing. My only guess would be sumthin touching medal but idk what it would be

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11227
dead short somewhere... amp may be blown

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11228
if you let the speaker wires touch negative to positive when the box was unhooked, that would fry the amp.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 169
I noticed today i was looking at my system again and my l7 is solid rock like it blew from all the sparking and stuff, but then i tried my amp on my friends sub and as soon as i turned the car on my amp sucked is subwoofer inward?? so idk whats goin on wit all this please help anybody.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 171
the sub sucked inward and wouldnt work so wondering what happend

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 175
ok then i remember when i unhooked the box the speaker wires that go into my sub box did touch eachother and started to spark a lot and every since then it been acting up. but the main think i wanna know is why when i hook my amp up to a sub now it sucks the subwoofer inward and just stays like that, thats what happend to my l7 and now its like solid rock :-(. and i tested my amp on my friends l5 and it sucked his sub in to but we i turned it off fast b4 it ruined anything?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 179
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5350
Sounds like your amp needs to be fixed. If the sub stays inward, then the amp is sending out DC voltage. If you have DMM, measure the speaker terminals.
If you're any good with electronics, using DMM, measure the voltage on the amp to see if it's around 12.5v or higher.
Next, unhook all input cables (RCAs) on the amp and measure the speaker terminals. See if you get any voltage. With no input, you should get zero reading. If you get correct reading, then connect the RCA input cables to the amp, and meansure the speaker terimanls again. You should get AC reading. If you see DC, then the amp is bad.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 182
yeah so is my l7 blown then cuz its like sucked inward and its like solid rock i cant even move it. or would there be a way to fix that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us