2 Kicker S15L7s....How Much Power??

Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 1
Alright, I just purchased 2 2005 Kicker S15L7s, but I have know idea of what I need to do to power these big boys. I drive a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT. Could someone please give me some suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1838
you need 1000 - 1200 watts on those.. id get 2 orion 1200d's or 2 kicker kx 1200.1's

Post Number: 3
Oh yea, plus I like to get some recommendations on what Speakers I need to get for my Highs and Mids. I'm on a average budget here, nothing real expensive! (I got my 15's for $75 a piece, brand new! No refurb!)

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 137
where did u get those 15s from that cheap Dontrell

Post Number: 4
Well, it's this Car Shop that specialized in Street Car accessories and fixing them up and stuff like that, well the building "accidently" burned down and they were selling everything they "salvaged" dirt cheap! lol It's a big controversy around here saying that they burned it for the insurance money cause the building was old as crap!

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1841
lucky u

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 140
yea lucky u

Post Number: 6
Plus they are 2 ohms so how I do I go about choosing the amp? I already have a 200.1 Kicker amp that I plan on using for my mids or highs.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 171
Okay what is you budget ? you said limit but how limit ?

Post Number: 7
Well, put it like this...Amp(s) plus Speakers = no more than 250! If that's too cheap, then no more than 400!

Anonymous

Yo, you need to get Xplods ammps, f.uc.k anything else! And Sony HU. Sony Xplods+Kickers= Living Really F.uc.king LOUD!!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5847
Do u have an electrical system upgrade, because ur gonna need something that puts out at least 2000rms @ 2 ohms

Post Number: 9
Nah, I don't! To be honest I don't know where to start with that! In my first car I had a bandpass box with two Crunch 10's, yea I know...trash, and a 400 watt Legacy amp. Nothing too major for power. Now I have these two big a.ss subs and no box, and no idea for powering them. I don't want to go to a shop cause, I like to be able to do a lot of stuff on my own.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5920
best amp for 2 of those would be a kicker 2500 - u def WILL NEED a high output alternator .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok, is that a 2 channel amp? What about extra batteries, I was strongly considering putting a PS2 in the midconsole. Will I need any Optimas or anything like that, I never really understood the need for extra batteries. To be honest, I'm only really knowledgable when it comes to Head Units!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5923
no its a MONO amp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14825
it does 2500wrms @ 2ohms & u said u have the 2ohms DVC subs
if thats too much $ 4 u then buy 2 of these http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15722

what u need is a high output alternator & a good starter batt like Optima red top & 1 or 2 Optima yellow top batts 2 power ur music . Extra batts r good when the engine is switched off & u like playing ur music loud & 4 long periods .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Alright. Sounds good, What about the PS2. I know I'll need an inverter, but what wattage?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5926
there is a forumular 4 calculating what wattage but i don't know it

check www.bcae1.com - it should there somewhere ....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5927
my post did not bump .......

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 122
man, the viper 2500d is cheaper than kicker, viper is 355+shipping at ikesound.com, i think that's a better deal

Bronze Member
Username: Shortyman513

Post Number: 17
i have (2) 2006 Kicker 15" L7's, each powered by its own 1700 watt kenwood amp and they pound like crazy.. i got both amps off of ebay for i think around $350 total... and the amps are only turned up about 3/4 of the way...
p.s. what is up with everyone typing bump? what exactly does that mean, lol... im new at this forum
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us