For a SX15

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 418
i will be gettin a SX15 soon and i want to look into upgrading my amp , currently a BX1205, to something with a little more class and punch to get the potential outa my sub, what should i look at?

i dont know how much i will spend yet so just throw out suggestions and ill debate about price later, although i would feel a little ridiculous spending much over 400

ill start out the list

orion 1200D
kicker 1200.1
some other hifonics amp w/ more power
Precision Power DCX1000.1
MQ quart RAA1000
us amps XT2000D (thats a stretch)

what else

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 420
http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-XTR-PRO-1000-BASS-AMP-XTREME-MONO-SUB-AMPLIFIER_W0QQit emZ5871604960QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
this dosent look bad cuz i can get the extended warranty

o yea

RE1200.1
nine.1

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 294
Poopoo get yourself a Kicker and kick the sh!t out that sub, I am,,Polo..

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 423
i cant afford the SX kicker, but i think i may go orion, a 1200D or mabey the one above.

btw: how do your stock speakers keep up with that kind of bass? if you push that sub to about 140db there is now way it sounds like music, just noise.

am i right?

i have an amp on all my speakers and there gettin 60w RMS (around 100-120peak) to each
so i dont think ill be in too bad of schape with that... plus i have another 2 channel amp and a pair of sony 6x9s that i could add for more highs

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 424
^^^ talking to polo

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5929
out of those choices i would get either the kicker or orion 1200.....

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 296
Oh sorry, for some reason I have trouble finding posts, lol. Believe it or not the stock Bose system is pretty loud and clear due to its own amplifier, 2ohm speakers and anti clipping circuitry. It has protection circuitry to keep you from destroying it so actually it can be turned up all the way witout any real distortion and no clipping (friend measured with oscilloscope). Each frequency is separated so you can make out the vocals and stuff but above 140 dbs you are just getting noticed, lol. If you really want to listen to music (in my opinion) your not going to have above that level anyways, you really can't enjoy it withou ear protection. Now I'll bump the sh!t out of it and it sounds great but that is just to bug people, you know. I am a bass nut and do not use my amp gain to control the level but instead I use my bass knob. I'll actually turn the head unit almost all the way up, make sure there s no distortion at this point the sub is flat little to no bass and I will adjust everything around it making sure of no distortion then I introduce bass (via knob) from 40 to 20hz only. Doin this helps ensure that all is clear before it gets to my sub amp and makes it sound like sh!t. I am overdriving my input signal and it allows me to run my amp at 3db out of 12dg gain adjustment. This amp has never had a reading any higher than 90 degs F. One thing you will need to make sure is that you use baffles on the back of your speakers in your back deck ot you can blow the sh!t out of them from the sub pressure and it will distort the sound (found out the hard way, lol) Polo..

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 297
Oh sorry, if I were you would find a KX 1200.1, just like my amps but without the DSP..Polo..

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 429
i didnt know it was stock bose, thatll work,

i donno i think i like the orion because i can get it a little cheaper and it appers to be just as good

i do however have a kicker 350.4 so the kx1200.1 would look nice sitting next to it

ill just think about it for now

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 451
how does the viper 1200D compare to the KX1200.1

obviously the kicker is better but is it wor the extra 100-150 bucks?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 306
http://www.caraudioexpert.com/productView3.asp?productID=4331

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic04kx12001&sbvname=16

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2349.html

Just a few. Polo..

Username: Srw

Sumter, SC US

Post Number: 4
Hey Terry, I have a factory refurb Kicker SX1250.1 puttin out about 1290 rms at 1 ohm, and it would work for you hopefully just like Polo's awesome setup. You said you can't afford it, but I can sell it for around $450 shipped, same as the older model KX1200.1 amps, but with more power and the DSP. If you're interested let me know. AIM = Rubberduckysean

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5901
Honestly i would look for something that puts out at least 1500 rms

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 320
1500 is too much for that sub, regardless of what people say, peak 1500 maybe but not a constant 1500. I heat my coils up nicely with my Kicker sx1250.1 , penty of stink going on. If I were you I would take that amp, great amp and is 1ohm stable. Polo

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5927
Well my friend is feeding his sx 1500 with a Precision Power DCX 1500.1 and it takes it like a champ.sooo...

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 466
i got the sub today and it is pretty loud, just a little louder than the 2 vmax, but with better SQ

i dont know if i can handle that much draw because i am dimming a little already with a 160 amp alt. (also have a KX350.4)

so probly 1200 watts would be the highest i can go,

i think i will probly go with a orion 1200D but i just want to be sure

Bronze Member
Username: ___

Pittsburgh, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 64
I have a kicker kx1200.1 that I will let go for 250 bucks it is in perfect condition and cheaper than that orion. if you are interested email me at
joe_grimm1967@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 491
what if i got this amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=165
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us