CDT Comps

_Simon_
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of getting some CDT 6.5" components for my Pulsar hatch. I'm gonna get them installed in the stock speaker location, I've been reading the forums for a bit now and from what I understand, the CDT's are more forgiving to the average install.

Alteraudiousa, from what I can gather you know your CDT's, so can you (or anyone) recommend some decent ones around $250US?

I think I'm gonna get them shipped to Australia from woofersetc., since I don't know any dealers close to home or any Australian online dealers (although I'm sure there are some) and woofersetc's prices don't seem too bad.

Finally, they're most likely going to go with a Premier p680mp, and whatever 4-channel amp and sub, I don't know yet.
Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 323
250$ USD after customs and whatever fees? I would look into the Ef series. I would try for the EF-61CF but I don't think woofersetc can get it in your price range. They have a nicer crossover than whats being used now which does improve the midrange sound. Most sets are now using Satnet 400 which are decent but I'd try for the 480. Handles more power and built with better parts like big brother of 400. I am not sure of the fees and all to AUS so I can't quote you myself either. I can look into it. Also i'm not sure what the amp puts out and i'm way too tipsy to try and search, it took me 10mins to remember my password for my PC. but i'd look to get atleast 125rms on the comps.

Actually more I think about it(well longer I think about it) looks these quys up, they're in AUS

Australia:
Autofidelity Group Pty Ltd
2/144 Russell Street
Morley
West Australia 6062
Richard Johnson aautofid@bigpond.net.au

_Simon_
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help alteraudiousa. I tried that email address, but it bounced back at me so I emailed CDT at the address on their site and it turns out they have no Australian dealer at the moment :-(. I guess this kind of limits my options a bit.

My budget may be able to be pushed slightly, originally I was going to get a set of 6's for the front and 6xp's for the rear, which I would allow $400AUD for, plus installation costs on that. I'll look into the EF series, thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 489
i paid 300 for my CDT HD-62's. getting them installed tomorrow, tired of having them sit around the corner of my room because im too cheap to pay someone to install them

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 332
If you can get me some info on the fees and all I'll work on getting you a quote and all. I would suggest the EF-61CF and if you're going rear fill either the CL-6ex or EF-61NeoX

_Simon_
Unregistered guest
What kind of info do you need Alteraudio?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 335
do you know what fees and custom charges are? and whats your zip or actually whats your address?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us