How to set up and adjust my sub

Username: Shibbynz2

Post Number: 1
I have just recieved a second hand 10" "punch" sub, and 250watt amp. Yes i know its pretty weak, but hey it was free.

Im not sure of the ratings on the sub, as its been screwed and glued into the box, and there is no other way to open it, without ripping the sub out, which may or may not break the rim. My question is,
would I:
-bridge the two channels into a parallel (connect the positives together and feed a wire to the positive on the sub, and so forth for the negitive)

Or

-bridge the two channels in series, (connecting a positive from L to a negtive in R, and running off the two spare outputs into my sub.

Now i understand the first method outputs 1ohm, and the second would output 4ohm, presuming the outputs for the orginal speaker is 2ohm.

Now, the powerlead from the positve part to the battary did not have a fuse attached on it, so another question is what fuse should I use, or should i start off small, till I get the correct amps for the correct powerrating.

This leads to my last question, what would be a estimate of the powerrating on my sub, as I cannot get to the back of it to find out what it is. It looks about 2 years old. This is all the information that i have found out.

In my car atm, i have a standard pionare MP3/CD/AUX headunit plus two 6by9's.

I have been reading in other places on this forum, for powerful systems you need a stock battery and altmetre, is this correct?,

Thanks =)

Username: Shibbynz2

Post Number: 2
anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us