Woofersetc.com???

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 166
what is the deal with these people?? Anyone ever order anything from them? I ordered some component speakers from them on the 19th, and the thing is still processing. I called and the guy told me there is no problem and it should be shipping?? anyone else ever dealt with these people??

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
turn out they were out of stock but it wasnt listed on the website. didn't bother to call or e-mail me either.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3160
I ordered from them before and i had a good experience with them.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 312
what are you order from them? I had the same problem with them and a few other place on the "out of stock" thing with no notices so thats one of the things that made me start my own online store and don't have to deal with that crap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
yeah the d661.s, said a new shipment in today or tomorrow. So much for the we'd notify you immediately if there was a back order issue. Ordered those things 4 days ago, was about to order a JL 300/2 through them for 329.00, but the way this is going I am rather hesitant to do that now.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2181
no problems. great folk w/me. this was 1yr ago, though.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1129
i've never heard anyhting bad, and they had a AAA rating with the BBB. someone posted that link a little while ago.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2125
never heard anything bad and its my favorite site actually because they carry good stuff. they now even have brax helix and mcintosh amps! i cant afford any of them but they sure are cool lol

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 321
too bad neither brax or Mcintosh won't warrant anything they(woofers) sell online. Its all through woofersetc which can lead to problems.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2611
they don't even have half of the stuff they have on there site in stock. i work 5 minutes away from that place so i checked it out. they only have the popular stuff in stock and anything else they have to order it from their supplier.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2184
"too bad neither brax or Mcintosh won't warrant anything they(woofers) sell online. Its all through woofersetc which can lead to problems."

Agreed. But that is the trade off 9/10 of the time when purchasing from ANY online store. Great discount and no manufacturer warranty. Where else online can you even buy a Mcintosh? I only know of two others that sell Brax.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
yeah they have pretty good customer service, but if I ever ordered anything from these people again I would def. call and confirm they had it in stock. item is supposedly shipping either today or on monday. Ordered it on the 19th, that's a pretty slow turnaround time. Knukonceptz wiring got here on the 23rd, and I ordered it on the same day.

Bronze Member
Username: Anthony1

Post Number: 24
I ordered components and an amp from them a while ago n they got here in 4 business days n had good customer service.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
yeah may have just gotten unlucky and ordered an item that was out of stock.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5654
It is important to note that some things on woofersetc are legit, others not.

For example, Zapco had a press release not too long ago giving comments specifically about woofersetc.com. To give a brief summary, they stated that they weren't an authorized dealer and that the products sold from this site have the factory serial numbers burned off so that they cannot be tracked back to the supplier that provided woofersetc with this amplifier.

Furthermore, seeing that JL Audio is on that site, I'm positive that the same occurs for their product, because JL is putting a HUGE effort into finding out which suppliers are giving these online retailers their product. I'd wager the same for Boston Acoustics, who is also very selective about retailers. Then you have Focal, Dynaudio, Eclipse and many other respectable companies that don't support online sales.

Most people carry the mentality of "who cares, it still has a warranty from the site." Ever looked on forums about the problems had with some equipment? For example, whenever I see any "my JL Slash series isn't working right" posts on forums, the first thing I ask them is where they got the amplifier. The usual response is that it was bought off of either ebay or one of these sites. The serial numbers of these amplifiers, like those of Zapco, are located internally. During the process of burning these off, they often damage part of the amplifier in the process. That's a lot of why manufacturers want to put a stop to this, it isn't good for the reputation of the company and also isn't fair to the retailers that are trying to sell the product legitimately.

It isn't just the site to blame, it's the crooked suppliers that are out to make a quick buck. It's difficult to determine what is legitimate and what isn't because woofersetc. is an authorized retailer for certain brands, CDT is an example.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
good point. Yeah i am REALLY leaning towards the ref 350.2 by zapco from an authorized dealer @ 350. IF they install it, the warranty is 3 years. JL wants 429 for their slash series, with a one year warranty. You are right, jl or zapco amp screws up on you, take it back in and have it replaced. Quick and easy, and you have a piece of mind. JL and Zapco products really arent all that cheap new on-line anyways. Zapco 350.2 on woofersetc is 379.99, and the dealer wants 350 for it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5656
The main thing that deters people from a dealer is that they go in there with the idea that all prices are set in stone. They don't like the idea of haggling for a good price, but most dealers will reason with you, especially if you make it clear that you will take your business elsewhere. You could talk that JL dealer down a good bit, too, they markup the equipment pretty high.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
yeah i'll try that, i have a friend that works there, but man sometimes they are stuck on prices with jl equipment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
yeah i just cancelled that order with them. They told me they would have a shipment in thursday or friday, then the guy told me to be "patient" with them as they would probably get a shipment in monday or tuesday. So i just went ahead and cancelled man tired of the run around, keep in mind this order was put in the 19th. crazy.

Brynugs
Unregistered guest
Hmmm. I've been crawling their site for the past few days. Was getting ready to order a new deck and comp spkrs. But now....im not so sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
yeah they're supposed to be legit man, but if I were you I would call to verify that they have it in stock before I ordered.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 423
same thing happened to me. i bought a directed 500/2 off ikesound and i was waiting for 2 weeks! and then i looked on my credit card and it said they recieved my transaction. then i e-mailed them and they said they dont have it in stock, its backordered. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS! its a hastle. i was going to get the orion 4002 after i heard this, and that was backordered too. its rediculous. but i want the directed still because its a great match for my components and it matches my sub amp.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1189
a lot of thoes sites i've heard will take your money, then go looking for the product for that price while still making a product. thats why it tends to take some time to get your stuff.

Username: Willahlborn

Post Number: 2
I had a horrible experience with millionbuy.com getting some Boston Acioustics sl60 components because they weren't in stock. I didn't want the same thing happening twice so I called woofersetc.com to verify stock and then ordered. They seemed like good guys and it shipped right away.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 816
Personally, Woofersetc is my favorite online store to shop.. The customer service I've gotten from them has been outstanding, and on a couple of occassions that I had to return a product (never gotten anything DOA or anything) that stopped working, I had my new one within a week.

Have ordered a wide variety of products from them.. (several amps, a panasonic head unit (For my wifes Durango, etc..not just 'popular' items..)

Here are my last 3 invoices from woofersetc.. And I'd give them an A+ for customer service, and shipping speed on all of them.. (Have 9 orders from them all total..)

Inv 1.JPG
Inv2.JPG
inv3.JPG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us