Installing a car sub in my home stereo.......

I fell kida dumb, but... I just took the subs out of my car, and I was wondering how to hook them up in my house to my home stereo. I don't know much about that kinda stuff, but if I could get some help that would be great.

white thug
yea yo i got sum crappy lanzar sub hooked up in my room it hits pretty hard and its only gettin 100 watts so i guess if ur subs suck and got a low rms then they would be fine runnin them

Hydralisk
Yo, ya I got a pair of 12" Jensens I had hooked up to my home stereo with a 120 watts going through them. It works pretty good then I got Fluance speakers which are 10 times better. If you want bass in your stereo system just buy a cheap powered subwoofer you can get them for under 100 bucks, sony makes one for 70 dollars. But if your going to do that just buy all of you sh** of ebay, thats what I did and im happy with the sh** I bought.

bdm
If you want to hook up two 4 ohm subs like you are saying then just run them in a series. This will make them 8 ohm which wont blow your amp, that is if your useing a house amp. If you don't know what series is then just connect the + from one sub to the - on the other sub. Then run the left overs to the amp.

I'm hooking up my car woofers to my house speakers ('cause i took them out to allow for other modifications to the truck) and i was wondering how you would go about doing such a project, the more detail the better. thanx just email me if you know how to do this.

I just took out my 2 10" Pioneer subs and a Jenson 720 watt amp out of my car for some improvements, and I want to know if i can hook them up in my house to my portable CD player, I have a Y-AV cord w/ the headphone jack, how would i go about doing this?

How would I hook my 2 12's pw 1296-X up too my home stereo some one please tell me????

get a 12v power supply (radio shack, etc.) plug car amp ground into black jack on the power supply, power to the positive red jack on power supply, turn on, bam, works. email me with Q's

Derek
I blew the 10" sub in my old bookshelf speaker and I cut the hole larger and put in a old pioneer 12" car sub that has a single 8 OHM voice coil. It sounds great

i need to know if i could hook my amp up woth my sub in my home stereo without blowing another amp in the house please if u kow send me an email tellin me what to do

Anonymous
look dumbasses(be'n funny not rude)...go to wal-mart or any store that carry's battery charges...bye one(a good one,not some cheap peace of sh!t) then u take your battery and remote wire and clamp the positve on em...then your ground and acc wire on the negitive...then run rca cables from your cd player to your amp..then speaker wire from your amp to your subs then BOOM ya got it nigga!!!
my god..what kinda fu<k'n idiot cant do this..
well i guess U IF U CAN'T!!! its simple
well i hope i helped u out
PEACE NIGGIE!!!

Chris Davis
u know what...yall are some of the most dumbest ppl ever...im not gonna tell yall how to do a DAl\/ln a$$ thing...if your soooo stupid that u cant hook up a simple cd player and amp in your house then u don't deserve somone to tell u...gosh what a freak'n idiot...ugh ppl like u make me sick....gosh blah u must me a retard or somthin i mean come on my dog can do this ugh..and my lil cuz can to and hes only 7 i mean u know thats sad when he can and u can't HAHAHAHA damm stupid f#ck'n retarded a$$ mother f%ckers ugh im get'n pissed...BYE U REJECTS

Andrew
Shut up Chris, whatever you know (if anything) was probably taught to you, so you have no room to talk

Anonymous
Is there a way to hook up a car stereo in the house with a adapter or some sort of thing

Anonymous
12 v power supply

Anonymous
after i hooked up my Car stereo with a 12 v power supply i put it loud and the radio turned of like it ran out of power

Anonymous
Yea, car audio shops have this problem too. It because the power supply you are using is probably not big enough. I dont know too much about it. You could try a Cap

DeLoit
Go buy a 110V (AC) to 12v(DC) converter and hook it all up. Get at least 50A converter if you are going to hook an amp up.

deandre
how can u hook a amp up

weezee
im a fruit faget

Anonymous
voltage plays no role... its all in the ohms and watts
most home stereos put out x # of watts at either 4 ohms or 8 ohms...
car subs run at 4 ohms or 2, for the most part...
so you dont need a converter... all you need to do is makesure you dont over do it with your home amp, you could fry it up turning it up really loud to make the car sub hit...
~!@#

Anonymous
hey...i bought 2 10' bulldog subwoofers and gut hooked it up to my stereo the has no sub output...so u put it in the voice input and it plays like a speaker..their 600 watts..

Anonymous
Why not just go to Partsexpress.com and buy a home stereo sub amp and use your car subs or what ever you want and not have to deal with a battery charger or some other hack job

hey man...i got a 10 000 watt subwoofer can i can not find a amp for it..no 1 at the store helps me bacause im g a y..well maybe some of u ppl arent like that so can u help me..{honda_rulzca@hotmail.com,honda_rulzca@hotmail.com} :)

big bad wolf
i whant to know is it possible to hook up a car
cd player in my house cuz is gots its a mp3 player

BlaSteR
Man, how many of u have killed your gear cause u dont know wat ur doing..?

Firstly the power supplys needed by car amps/decks have to be able to output high current..(just like a car battery), of which ur average aus$25 12v converter isnt ganna cut it.(in other words ur ganna kill the amp/deck cause low current is WORSE than excess current). Secondly if u run a car sub thru your home amp a) u need to make sure the impedence is the same (all aus home amps r 8 ohm and car is 1-4 ohm) so u need 2 4ohm subs in series for home amp. This means the wattage being pumped out of the amp is going to be reduced by more than half cause u need to run 2 subs. and b) unless u have a active or passive crossover in line then the subs ganna be getting the full frequencys (low and high sounds) this can seriously damage a sub/amp as its NOT designed for this use... Finally it is possible to connect any source up to any amp if u know wat ur doing (i have a portable mp3 player hooked up to my car system) I do have more to say just cbf, but i did get a laugh outta this discussion (specially all u americans and ur slang) so i thought i might give some warning of the damage that can result, and for those that have done this and it works i guarantee that u will have a problem eventually!

ax
Here is a little electricity lesson.
Voltage == Current.
(So "12v power supply has to put out high current" is wrong %^%$. 12 volts is all the current it will put out. I think what you're trying to refer to is wattage!)

HEre's a systems for yeah. I hooked up my 300 watt jenson amp and sony explode 760 watts ,,I found some old car batteries and tosed theam in my room and found a good battery charger, for subs a one 15" kicker COmp Vr and 2 12" mtx 6000 series. I bought a db reader from radio shack my room hit 130db , running at around 12 volts , so im stilling missin out on my rms power but my system pounds louder then some cars,

Anonymous
Car batteries in your room. Wow takes guts, all that acid in your room.
Also keep in mind that charging those batteris generates Hydrogen gas, and we know what that does!!! C ya all later

grandsupercharged
well first off i got bass blockers put on my car because every time i would put alot of bass to my front speakers it would make a tapping nose was that a good move are not really?????????

Does anybody know how to hook an amp up in the house.

Chris Palmer
winston, read the posts above you. geez

Anonymous
just tell me how to hook it up with out a battery and in a cheap way a amp to a home stereo that is plz tell me

JUGGALO FO LIFE BIATCH
YALL MUST BE SUM DUMBASS WEST VIRGINIA INBREED HILLY BILLY DOUBLE FIRST NAME RED NECKS. BECAUSE U ARE NOY SUPPOSED TO HOOK UR CAR SYSTEM UP TO UR HOUSE BECAUSE IT WILL FUCC UR VOICE COIL UP. GOD ASKIN SUM DUMBASS QUESTIONS. YALL MUST BE SUM CHEAPASS MUTHA FACKOS INSTEAD OF GOIN AND BUY A CAR AUDIO SYSTEM BUT UR HOME SYSTEM.

Anonymous
not a sinle one of u has any idea what u r talking about. open a book

Anonymous
i have 2 sony xplod 10s..can i hook em up in my room? how do i do it?

i ll tell u how i hooked up sony amp , 2 12 mtx subs to my comp

u need
1. a comp ;)
2. amp
3. subs
4. speaker (home or car) if u want sound with bass
5. rca cables
6. power supply that will convert power to 12V

1.mount ur subs in a box and the amp on top of ur subs
2. plug the power supply in the wall socket and get 3 wires
-red for power
-black for ground
-yellow for remote
just like the car hook up

now connect the red in the power supply to 12V
and black in the ground
and the other end side of the wire connect the yellow and red toghter
and put the red in 12v yellow remote black ground in the amp

now when u turn the power supply on the amp should turn on if not check ur wires

Power supply red ------------ red in amp
*------ yellow in amp
black ------------ black in amp

notice red and yellow are connected toghter

hook up ur rca input wires and ur subs , speakers wires ......

if u have any more questions email me

ok this ant cheep but it will work great
go to a rv dellership by a converter that changes ac to dc THEN wire it up tlike in a car will work fine cost for the inverter is about 150-200 bucks for the cheep one i got one for my van so i can watch tv with out killing my batterys u wire it up and plug it in to an outlet

Anonymous

i got a panasonic stereo system with only AUX and speaker outputs. I was wounderind how to connect a 12" sony 800w sub, and two 6" kenwood 140w speakers, and a 5 channel 500w amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us