4 way amp

Username: Chazer__

DenverUs

Post Number: 10
do you have to plug four input wires into a 4 way amp in order for it to power four door speakers or can you just plug two in cause my HU only has for lines out and that would leave me nothing to run to the amp for my subs
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Judgedredd

Post Number: 21
Well...then you only have 2 output channels meaning you're going to lose either your fade or your balance
Also depending on your radio those outputs might be optomized by the subwoofer control on the radio
in either occasion u could split the two rca and hopefully your amp will have preout which you could run to the sub amp
I reccomend using an adapter to go from the speaker cable to rca.

Bronze Member

DenverUs

Post Number: 11
k thanks
so i should run all four preouts to to the amp for the door speakers and then run a pre amp from that to my sub amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
That's what i would do...you need to make sure the preouts on the radio aren't designated for lows..but yea that would be be the best thing to do imo

Bronze Member

DenverUs

Post Number: 12
how do i know if they are lows they are all rca jacks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I'm not saying it is the case in this particular situation, ussualy if you only have 2 outputs then you're ok, but you should look in the manual...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5831
here is ur answer

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/activexo.html

Bronze Member

DenverUs

Post Number: 15
thanks i have four outs so ill just hook those up and use the preamp out for the subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us