TIME TO VOTE!!!!!! I want feedback from CREDIBLE posters........

Bronze Member
Username: Lukewarm12

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 18
I am not in to heavy car audio, just your standard upgrades from factory. Right now I have an Alpine HU, an MTX Amp running all of my internals which are Infinity. Everything here is fine by me.

Now, I have recently purchased the new 500x1 Class D Power Reference Amp from Memphis.
I want a vote on everyone's opinion on which brand subs would be a wise choice to match with this Amp.

I want a pair of 10's going into a nice, sealed box. I listen to all "kicker drum" rock, and am looking for the brand subs that will play the tightest and cleanest and not get too boomy. It must be a 4ohm DVC so I can wire it to get the 1 ohm load this amp can handle. I am figuring on about a 250-300RMS with a price range from $100 to $150 dollars(each).

I live in Bedford, PA. there is very little to choose from in this town (car stereo wise). I know I have heard nothing but good feedack, but I am still not a fan of "buying online". I like to see my product and look it over first.

ANYWAY....RAMBLING ON.....

Here is basically what I have to choose from in this town....

1.MEMPHIS Subs from the dealer I bought the Amp from.

2.MTX Audio Subs also from this dealer (I am not a big fan of their subs, just their amps).

3.KICKER product from Circuit City (the only other audio store around.

4.INFINITY also from C.C. (which I just found out at the end of the month infinity is dropping Circuit City as a distributor).

5. There is also a Best Buy within 40 Miles so if they carry any product that would be worth the trip, please feel free to add. Otherwise, I want everyone's feedback on which brand they would choose in my situation.
Later on!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5331
What are you after? SQ/SQL/SPL?
If money isn't a problem, try JL 10W7 in HO box. It should be louder than most 10" subs.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3153
Look into the JL 10w3v2 on ebay. 2 of those is exactly what your looking for here. They are rated at 300 rms each and sound great off of 500 watts rms amp.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5189
Just to pick at your brain a tad is there any reason why you are stuck on 2 subs and not combine your money and get 1 better sub? for $250-$300 you can get a pretty decent sub if you shop around. Are you weray of internet shopping because you can save a whole lot that way. just wondering!

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 93
I agree with james,I would just buy one really great sub instead of two okay subs. I would also go with a memphis sub I personally have owned one , and it was one of the most hard hitting subs that I have ever owned, and I have owned alot of subs.

Bronze Member

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 19
To answer all of the Q's....
Here goes....

ISAAC, I am after good sound quality with some good punch to it, not alot of rumble....

MO, I wouldn't say money is a "problem", but I see no point (I could be wrong) with going top of the line (like JL) for subs when the rest of my equipment is not top of the line.....

JAMES, you are right, I am not stuck on two, just used to them. I guess I could go with one, and get a new box (which I was thinking of doing anyway). WHAT WOULD YOU RECCOMEND. And I don't trust the internet because my Cuz got ripped off bad when someone pulled his C.C. # off of probably an insecure site and wipped him out. Plus, like I sad, I like to "see" it first I guess I am old fasioned....

JEMONE, what Memphis Sub did you own...I have heard alot of good about them.

One final note - the distributor in my area also carries JL, but I did not mention this because of the high $$$'s plus I always assumed JL was for competition people. But I don't really know much these days!!!

Thanks for the feedback - Anything else let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Post Number: 20
just buy one jl 12W6 and you'll be happy.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3156
Go to ebay and find a powerseller and buy your JL subs there and you will thank me for it. They are not authorized but sell quality products with warranties thru the dealer on ebay most of the time. They dont have 100% feedback for nothing. Anyone who has 98-100% feedback with over 10 deals where they sold items is a good seller. Your best bet is 2 JL 12w3v2's in a sealed box. Perfect for your application and affordable realistically.

Here is a good place to buy from besides ebay and secure.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12512

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3157
Here is a prime example - http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-10w3v2-D4-Subs-Subwoofers-Pair-2-MINT_W0QQitemZ5868 342606QQcategoryZ39771QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Definetly check that one out

If you want a good deal on 2 new ones again then check out this one http://cgi.ebay.com/2-JL-AUDIO-10W3v2-D4-Subwoofers-NEW-06-10-W3-10W3v2D4_W0QQit emZ5870400394QQcategoryZ39771QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
I can't remember the exact model number but it was a dual 4ohm vc and had a heavy orange basket. I think it was an M3 in the series.

Bronze Member

ALtoona, PA USA

Post Number: 20
Thank you everyone. I will be looking into these. At the very least I can talk my friend into buying these for me from E-bay (he has an account) and all I will have to do is give him the doe.
I appreciate everything.
Later on!!!

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 197
Most credit cards nowadays are fraud proof anyways, i.e. if you get your # stolen and someone buys something you get reimbursed, plus if you buy from a credible source, like a good ebay seller, or decent site that sells stuff your chances of getting frauded are extremly low.

MTX Freak
Unregistered guest
Mtx all the way my friend, you can't go wrong with them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Hey MTX FREAK get registered, but da mn when you are right you are right!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us