Mrd 1005 good for 2 jl 12w6v2???

Anonymous

hi

i just got 2 jl 12w6v2 -dual 4 ohms
i want to get a alpine mrd 1005 specs are:

# 700W x 1 RMS (4ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)
# 1.000W x 1 RMS (2ohm, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)

well i be putting 350w@4ohms to each sub or 500w@2ohms to each sub

thanks

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 651
A pair of DVC 4's can only be wired for 1, 4 or 16 ohms. Obviously 16 isn't an options, and that amp's not going to like 1 ohm, so you'd be stuck with 350w at 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1510
not a very good choice

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3152
Im selling a CrossFire VR1000D and i ran 2 JL 12w6v2's with it and sounded very nice. If you are interested check out my thread in amps.

Its rated at 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm tested at 12.5V and more at higher V. Very Efficiant and CLean amp.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5187
thats a good choice

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5188
Hey MO sorry about yestreday man I was at about 5 car dealerships all day and didnt end up getting home untill 11 last night it SUC%ED! I will take those pic's and get those measurements for you today man.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3154
OH no problem James. That guy only had 1 w6 left on ebay and i really look forward to running 3 off that ppia600. I will have to keep looking on ebay until i find it. So your getting a new car ?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5198
my pain in the @ss wife got a new car!:-(

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5822
LOL ^^^ - she should have read your comment .......

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5799
What did she get, Kia??LOL

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5223
lolol no a Toyota Sequoia, and of coarse she had to have the damn limited:-( I spent all day ahggling them down but I got them down $7000 the dealership closed at 8 and I was still there at 10 the GM was so mad when he finally accepted my deal. He said you know I made no money on you tonight right! I was like yeah but atleast I did my homework:-) he goes you sure did:-) He said the only reason he said ok was because My wife and I were so young and due to our job's we have lot's of contact with many young families always looking to upgrade to a bigger car/van/SUV. I get $100 for every person I reffer to them for the first 5 people and every person after that is $500 so the incentive is there:-) I walked away happy, tired but happy.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3163
That a nice choice actually James. Rides very good for a SUV and accelerates nicely and is powerfull. Congrats.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5224
yeah we havnt picked it up yet they had to order it from another dealership to get the color we wanted. Iw as happy with the way it rode for a large SUV. As long as it gets around if there are any major snows we always have my truck:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us