What would work??????

Bronze Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 40
i have two amps and wondering if i just have two run two power wires from the battery or if there is some peice that would make it so that the power would just go into the peice and be redistributed into two even signals or am i just dreaming lol

and with two jl 500/1s would i have two upgrade my battery/alt or just one of them or not at all

and with those two amps what circuit should i run

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
^^^i meant fuse lol... what fuse should i run

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 188
Um your really close on the redistribution thing, it's called a distribution block lol, search that on ebay you will get 100s of results. On the fuse just make sure it matches the max power handling of your wire, you will prolly have to run 2 gauge....maybe 4 i don't remember, check the the12volt.com. You prolly need to upgrade your alternator, you can get by with that and stock battery as long as you have the car running while your system is playing most of the time. If your car had a nice big stock alt you might be able to get by though if you don't play at full volume for a long period of time...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
um what amperage would i have to get for the alt. what do you think???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
and where is a good place to find one for a mitsubishi 02 galant

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 283
Run a length of 2ga with an inline 150 A fuse to a dist block near the amps with dual 4ga coming off to each amp. Upgrade your battery to a yellow top Optima and if your stock alt puts out 100A and you aren't running pure sine you should be cool but it may dim a bit at night so run a 1 farad cap. Polo.. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
any idea where i can find a 2ga in and 2 4ga out i cant find it on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 172
look at stinger products, may want to consider fusing at the d-block too, since you are going down to smaller wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
so put the fuse at the battery and before the d block or what????

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
always fuse at the battery. this protects your 2 gauge. in order to protect your 4 gauge you should also consider fusing at the dblock, some people do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
so just another fuse before thw d block and the same one or lower

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
and i cant find a 2 gauge to a dual 4 gauge so should i get a 1/0 to a dual 4 gauge whould that work

Anonymous

what do you mean

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 295
GAge, it is ok to go larger! Get the D block with the 1/0ga to the dual 4's if you wand or go larger. The key here is not to undersize it. Polo..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
ok thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
yeah man that would work out just fine. In my last setup I used 4 gauge even though the main input was 1/0.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
should i fuse after the distribution block at the 4ga wires or before at the two gauge wire

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
whichever wire you use say a 2 gauge from the battery, the fuse at the battery protects that. There are fused d-blocks, available get one of those and fuse accordingly. in-line fuse protects your two gauge, fused d-block protects whichever wire you run from it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
indont have a fused d block just a regular one but i have the fuses and fuse holders so is it
--fuse---------fuse--d block==========
or
--fuse----------d block=======and a fuse on each wire

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 300
Are the amps fused themselves (fuses on amps)? If not then use a 300A on the 1/0 ga, approx 12-14" from battery (shorter the better) then use a 75A for each amp on the 4 ga from the block. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us