Sealed or ported for 2 type r's?

Username: Ctmike

Post Number: 8
i was just curious as to what box type i should put my type r's in. there in a sealed box (little bigger then rec. specs)now and they sound pretty decent, but could be louder. just wanted some opinions if i should stay with a sealed box in the rec. specs or should i get a ported one? and if i should go ported, does anybody know where i can get a good one for 2 subs at, i don't have a place where i can build my own.

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 92
Q- logic makes good ported boxes. Just be sure to stay within the specs. of your speakers also remember that speakers can't handle as much power in ported boxes.

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 96
Go with ported for sure. With type R's it makes them way louder, and in the right box they sound better than they do in sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1801
are they 10's or 12's ?

Username: Ctmike

Post Number: 9
there 12's dvc each ran by a pg xenon 400.1, soon to be upgraded to a 600.1.

any other companys make good ported boxes, i heard bad things about q-logic cause there boxes have plastic end caps that sometime rattle or brake off.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 946
http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/
build some sick boxes for type r's 154.7 db with 2 type r's and an orion 2500d.. they really do get alot louder in ported boxes..tho i loved the sq they had when in small sealed boxes.. uo to you.. u can always change boxes

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2595
i have heard the type Rs in sealed and ported. sealed sounds much better.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 951
they do forsure.. IMO they lose alot of sq going from sealed to ported.. how you like those x's sealed chad?? cant wait to get mine going when i decide what amps to get :\

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 119
Sealed sounds better, but i just put mine in a ported the other day and they are sooo loud.. getting about 900wrms and its handling it pretty well..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2596
type Xs in sealed sounds nice. i had them in ported before and when i changed it to sealed, it just sounded so much better. they are no loud spl subs but the sq is excellent.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us