Which way should I aim an inverted sub?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 456
Should the SUB aim to the front or back?
(typically, the sub would be aimed to the back, but is it the box or the sub that i'm aiming if it's inverted?)

...valid question, i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 51
i had a volf i had inverted in my trunk(of my temp car) and it sounded better and louder with the magnet facing me through the trunk(i dont have the volf no more)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5794
hmmmmm - if ur box is ported then i think it should still be facing 2wards the back .....

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/inverted.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
o well mine was sealed

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 271
The more I read that about inverting subs the more I think there is something more to it. Think about it, the front of the sub is completely a different shape all together. If you have a sub with a flat piston shape on the front it should capture more air and push it forward and draw it back with a greater level the by using the back which is conacal in shape and actually moves less air in a given moment. Fact, a flat object will compress a medium quicker and faster then a pointed one. I would also think with cooler surrounding air the VCs would stay cooler. JMHO...Polo.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11193
nice try there Polo, but actually the sub isn't pushing or pulling air per se. it's compression and rarefication. The sub will compress the same amount of air in both directions because both volumes of air (inside and outside of the box) stay static, and the driver's cone moves the same distance in both directions from center.

inversion doesn't affect output.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 310
all inverting a sub does is make the volume of the box increase since the volume of the motor structure is taken out of the box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
well my volf was way louder in my trunk inverted than it was normal... it may have just been the box

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5201
was it sealed james?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2177
It was probably out of phase. If so, when you inverted them, the problem corrected itself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us