2 12" r types or 1 12" eclipse titanium?

bassheadjosh
Unregistered guest
Heres the deal, I've been reading alot of reviews. Its obvious that everyone loves the r types, it's also clear that the titanium subs are sweet as well. What will be louder/sound better? Also I want to make sure that I dont have roll off until about 80-0 hz. My current setup is a single 2" old school r type and it does ok between 25 and 65 hz, after that nothing. I had 3 10" planet audio subs before that rocked, good upper bass. yes I know planet is owned by boss, but they're subs really arent that bad. anyways, is there something I can do to extend my upper frequency? I have the box ported to about 30 hz now...any thoughts?

yes, I know I need to register...but even if I did I coulndt actually log on at work..

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 268
Ya, ditch the type R, nobody likes them, REALLY and get a single RE sx15 in a 4 cf ported enclosure tuned to 38hz, if you are looking for extension on the high end you need to try and shoot for the middle of the range. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2062
well idk how the titantium plays up high but i do know its a good SQL driver. i would look into SQ drivers as they play all frequencies very well. drivers like the adire brahma, image dynamics id max, JL w6v2, and talk to some1 who has the new arsenals and ask them how they perform up high. and suposedly the stereointegrity mag can play anything. mines coming in today so i'll find out soon :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2063
...but i would think the TI would hit lower than all those except the SI mag.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 162
yeah i own a type r, good solid sub for the money, but def. not better than an idmax, w6, or ti. If you can afford it, I'd go with one of those. I think the IDmax and w6 would sound really nice in that 80 hz range you are looking for.

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 86
I would assume that the titanium speakers would have tighter low end,because with a metal infused cone it's designed not flex as much while reproducing high levels of SPL.

bassheadjosh
Unregistered guest
well stick a finger in my as.s and call me hershys.
Thats cool.(no seriously, i like things up my as.)

bassheadjosh
Unregistered guest

Username: Eeater

Post Number: 10
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 18
I have 2 Alpine Type R 12"s, about 650 watts running to each. I'm going to install 4 ALpine Type S speakers which are 50W rms each. WIll they be loud enough to support the Type R subwoofers? Will i still be able to hear the music?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 943
of course.. they should be able to keep up even running it off a Head unit.. what amplifier are u using to the speakers..
"Ya, ditch the type R, nobody likes them, REALLY " i dont know where you get that from.. seeing as how its one of the most popular subs out now.. they are a great subwoofer and do get LOUD for a fraction of the cost as higher end drivers.. im not saying woofer to woofer they can compare with an sx,ti etc.. but for the price u really cant beat it

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 19
im not using an amp to the speekrs, just to my subs. I have hifonics BX1505D running to my subs but im not getting an amp for my speekrs, thats why i was wondering if they will still be fine, i havent hooked them up yet

Anonymous

Where is a good site to get prices for REaudio's subs?

bassheadjosh
Unregistered guest

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 947
they should still be fine an amp will alow u to get em louder.. they will sound better as well..

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1513
12" Eclipse Ti in 1.25 cu/ft. well built sealed enclosure. Give it 1,000+ watts RMS and you'll get awesome SQ and it'll still be loud as sh!t...

Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 1
Ok I registered. Whoever thought it was funny to use my name is a f@g. I like the r type, I'm just not quite happy with it dying out on me at roughly 60 hz. ah well. I have the 1221 and I want another one. I figure if I get another one and build a etter box it would prolbably help out significantly.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1804
if u want man id get a 6.5 mid from alpine...the type R series and set ya crossover so it will play like from 60-200 or so...then let ya speaks and tweets take the rest

Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 4
problem is I have no place to put a mid. I've got 4" in the dash and 5 1/4" in the back. lol. no good low mids. even in most rap songs where they have a mix, my old planet audio subs could pick it up but the r type just...doesnt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us