$1000 system please help

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 40
I will be gettin my car on the road in a few months and a got about a grand to blow on a system including subs,amp,speakers and so on. Now im good friends with someone who works at a high end audio store so can almost get stuff for cost now i really like jl audio but i think it might be a lil bit out of my range can u guys please help me.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 197
What type of vehicle?Are you wanting a head unit with that? Are you wanting your speakers amplified?Do you want it to sound good or be ridicously loud or a mix?

Nate So
Unregistered guest
Go with Alpine head unit (~$250~) 2 kicker 12" comp subs dvc 4 ohm ($166 on ebay shipped), Infinity reference 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" component set ($135~~~), Infinity reference 6x9's ($100), and that leaves $400 for a 4 channel amp for the 6x9's (or other speaker depending on your personal preference) and component set (75x4 rms) and for a two channel amp for the subs thats stable at 1 or 4 ohms 800 watts rms and maybe a capacitor + wiring and a fuse. Thats what I would start with, maybe leave out the 6x9's (still get the 4 channel amp but dont use two channels) and just have the component set for the front until you have more money.

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 41
The vehicle is a 1997 toyota tercel. Now i do want the system to be pretty loud but i dont want it to sound horrible.Also yes the head unit is included in the 1000.

Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 7
Get 4 Jl TR series speakers, a nice alpine head unite..idk somthin like $200...get a nice Alpine X sub...a hifonics 1600 amp and a jl audio e4300 for the spekaers...haha idk that should be about a G.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us