Speaker issues, Blown out ??

Username: Lcavalletti

Post Number: 1
OK, any help much appreciated I have polk components powered by a 2 channel amp, head unit is brand new Alpine.

I first plugged in my 6.5's in and one was badly damaged so only a little sound came out, the other side was perfect ( I was careful to wire the crossovers up right and the wires to the amp) Anyways, I had another 4 inch speaker I plugged in the side that didnt work and perfect sound came out of it. So I know it is not the wiring or the amp or the deck. I bought another 6.5 polk on ebay and plugged it in and no sound at all on it (other side still perfect), so that is the second speaker that is dead on that side even thought the 4 inch works perfectly when I plug it back in to the same wires. Do I have speaker problem, blown out? or is it something else, and if they are speaker problems where can I get them fixed without buying whole new components, since one side works perfecty.

Post Number: 2
I just ordered Polk Audio dX6510 to replace all the crap I have, look at above post, turns out the speaker I ordered off Ebay is blown and so id the old one i have, so I Just bit the bullet and ordered a pair of the above off ebay. Hope this fixes the problem once and for all.

Post Number: 3
I guess case closed, I will find out if the new speakers work,

2 days and I am the only one responding, whats up with this forum, no helpy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us