HELP!!! ANyone know how to put a CD player in a new CADILLAC????

Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1
PLEASE HELP!!! I tried to put a new CD player in the place of my old BOSE factory CD player. I put em in for ppl weekly, but never had a problem like i have n mine. When i hook everything up, the CD player comes on, but wont put out ne sound, i later found out that its because there a factory subwoofer amp in the car, pushing a factory 12 in the rear deck. And theres another box mounted next to the amp, im not sure wat it is yet, but i kno it leads to the rest of the speakers, it may be another amp or w/e. I was told i need to remove this, but in that case, i would have to rerun all the wires to my factory speakers, and it would b a pain. ANYONE KNOW AN EASIER WAY???

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1325
easy answer is leave the factory deck in!! why you want to take out a new deck anyways?? they are built into the steering wheel they have bose speakers??

what I would do if i had a new body like that, or Benz, I would leave everything on the inside factory!!
^^^ now I would buy a 3in1 or a 4in1 audio control for the trunk, and power my subs and amps with the audio control!!

That way I have that factory grown look... with that younger competition bass....
my2cents

Kentucky

Post Number: 6
That was my opinion exactly at first, and i bought a LOC for around 120 to use in hookin up the amp. the problem was that the sub stayed at max volume and wont turn up or down b/c of something about the signal going to the amp stays constant or w/e. So i've decided im going to use a extra HU i have until i get enuff for a Double DIN touchscreen, but i need the way to hook the speakers up to the new HU.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 556
i dont know how the newer models are but with my 96 i had to run the wires from the factory amp in the trunk so if your factory amp is located beside your electonic antenna in the trunk an you think they might be the same as the 96's go ahead an im me at Cagedserenity on aim an i will be more then happy to walk you through all the steps ....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1348
rewire all the individual speakers, if you wanna hook them up correctly! it will be no short-cuting here. lol

just rewire the entire audio, dont use NO factory wires for system!

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 558

u might find this helpful

http://www.carstereohelp.com/strcadillac.htm

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 559
you could just run all new wires to speakers but the way i did mine would be fine as well so just instant message me an we will figure out what would be the best way

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 331
its gone suffer sound quality o matter how many eqs or audio controls you put in it. it wont replace a great head unit

Kentucky

Post Number: 7
CadillacDb..I don't have AIM but my emails jordan_singleton@hotmail.com if you could just send me an email with the steps you took. Also I'm wantin to put a Double DIN 7" or 6.5" screen in the dash if anyone has any good suggestions on sumthin cheap, but good picture. What kind of caddy is your 96? thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 91
Hey Jordan I'm having a similar problem . I'm trying to find a way to install a new cadillac around my old cd deck. lol I'm just broke!!

Kentucky

Post Number: 9
HAHA! I know several with that problem.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 565
Ok since it seems to be such a huge problem for so many people ill just post all the info here in a few seconds but right now i have to go do a few things

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 566
Ok the head unit you pulled out wasnt the only part of the head unit because the part in the trunk is just an extension of the unit you pulled out of the dash ( just think of the dash stereo part as a complicated large face plate )so what you need to do is find the other part which shouldnt be too hard just look for what your electronic antenna is plugged into because the antenna plug isnt in the dash its plugged into the part in the trunk so you will also need to run a plug for that up from the trunk to the dash Din where your stereo resides but once you find this part ( which on my car was behind the antenna in the trunk, just pull back the carpet cover an you should see it behind the mechanical parts of the antenna or kinda in front of it )then unplug the Wire loom going into it an plug a cadillac stereo wiring harness into that plug an hook your stereo up to that an it will work because right now ur trying to hook it up to the wires coming from the AMP/brain of the bose stereo so all you should be getting is power to the stereo but nothing else

Kentucky

Post Number: 10
Thanks man. I'm going to try it out this weekend. Should i completely remove that box tho? or should i leave it in. I've found the box mounted to my backseat, next to the subwoofer amp.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 567
see what they did on them is run all the wires for speakers an everything then hooked that harness into the Amp/Brain then ran Wires from the AMp/brain up to the Dash's stereo Din so wireing ur stereo up to the wires coming from the amp which are in the din wont work, you have to unhook the Harness going into the Amp/Brain an plug the after market color coordinated wiring harness into that to bypass the entire bose system then to get new wires up in the din you have to run wires from the trunk to the din from the after market harness you just hooked up

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 568
you can leave it there

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 569
Its still a bit of work but its easier then taken off door panels and the rear panel that the speakers in the back are under an running all new wires from everything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us