Amp for eclipse sw9102

Username: Moparx12

Post Number: 1
i am building a custom box for an eclipse sw9102 subwoofer. i was planning to have a net volume of around .9 cu. ft. right now i have an audiobahn amp that is brand new. (a12005dn) mono 600 wrms. will this amp be enough power for this subwoofer? i have an audiobahn sub hooked to it right now (aw1000n) which is also 4+4 ohms but is 600 wrms. this audiobahn sub cannot take anywhere near what the amp can give, i have to keep the amp gain turned less than halfway to avoid distortion when my head unit is at a comfortable listening level. the audiobahn sub is in a sealed enclosure with a gross volume of about .77 cubes. could this amp be pushing more than its rated for??
moparx12

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1505
Audioburn amps are overrated, you're probably getting around 500 watts RMS. I would recommend getting around 1,000 watts RMS to that sub. The Eclipse Ti's are very underrated, and since you're sealing it, get a bigger and better amp. It upsets me to think that you'd have such a great sub and enclosure, and a crap amp to run it...

Post Number: 2
really? 1000 watts? well, i guess i could invest in a more powerful amp. the reason i thot the amp was underrated is because the 600 watt audiobahn sub i have now cant take 600 watts like it says. maybe the sub is just extremely overrated

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 182
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/200519.html

right there man!!!

diamond audio d51200.1 amp 1200 watts RMS at one ohm

Post Number: 3
who else thinks 1000 watts is optimum for a sw9102 in a 1cu ft sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1516
That Diamond Audio amp would be PERFECT for an Eclipse Ti sealed... If you're going for SQ (like it sounds you are) that amp is very clean, and the Ti is very flexible just by changing the enclosure. Not to brag, but I'm the Eclipse Ti and Ti Pro professional on the forum...

And if you're going for SQ, go for 1.25 cu/ft. sealed, but make sure the box is very strong, or that sub will blow it apart. If you're going for SPL but still want music quality, go for 3.5cu/ft. tuned to 32Hz.

(Just trust me, I've spent hours upon hours messing with different combinations with the Eclipse Ti... Awesome sub.)

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 750
everybodyUpload to the Eclipse TI.

THE KING OF ALL SUBS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us