Does this Sound Good???

Username: Shredmaster1013

Post Number: 3
I am putting all of this stuff in my 2002 ford explorer 4 - door.. Tell me if I should get something different.. or add something..
(2) Jensen 6"x8" coaxial speakers 120 watt peak 40hz-20khz.. (circuitcity)
(2) Jensen 6"x8" 3-way speakers 175 watt peak 50hz-21khz(circuitcity)
All 4 total = 119.89
MTX Dual 12" sub enclosure (Bs2125)
=70.00
Pioneer 12" subs (tsw300R) 600 watt peak
total for both=89.98
Pioneer DEH-P4800MP at (www.crutchfield.com) Item#130dehp480 Price- 174.99
Amp- ( already have ) Pyramid reno series 600 watts PB446
Total for everything= 455.00 (not including tax and installation )
Is there anything here I should replace.. or add.. will all of these things work together and install nicelly into a 2002 for explorer? Please add any comments and/or suggestions..

Anonymous

mtx=suck
jensen=suck
pioneer=its ok

mtx + jensen + pioneer = go get a new system

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2036
sorry but you get what you pay for. that system would be horrible. try to save up a little more money and listen to the guys on here and they will help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 121
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 635
first of all don't mix 2 different brands of subs just go w/ 2 12's of little big higher quality for now then upgrade later if you want. do not get those jensen speakers it would be better for you to get 2 way infinity refernce speakers they will sound very nice of just HU. anything else just ask.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5772
I am very glad someone actually posted there system b4 they went out and wasted money on crap, good job man.

Also whats ur budget, do u mine shopping on ebay??

Post Number: 4
Do I really need to replace all 4 of my factory speakers? and I don't mind shopping at ebay.. Is there a huge difference between 10"s and 12"s? and what about the cd player.. would that be a fine one to get?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 937
12"s will hit lower and slightly louder.. cd player is the first thing u will want to get.. and if your going to get a cheap one its not worth it.. your cd player is the heart of your system so get a good one.. look into pioneer premier.. subwoofer wise instead of getting all 4 of those mismatched subs you could get 1 subwoofer and save space which would get alot louder than all 4 of those.. it all depends though so think about it how into the audio thing are you? countless people will buy crap to begin with, arent happy with it and then spend more money to get better stuff (me).. so IMO get good equipment to begin with.. yeh its expensive but it will last and sound good. and yes plz post a budget so we can work with what equipment will fall into your price range

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1774
deck : premiere , alpine , eclipse
sub : re , aa , ..dont know what you're looking for yet ...do you want spl ? sq ? or sql ?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5730
I say let us all here redo that entire list 4 u - just post a budget ...

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1499
Yea, lol...

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1779
hey jason , i have a brand new re sx 15'' for sale , $240 plus shipping , it will get very loud and sound good while doing it , you wouldnt need but 1 of these to be very happy tell me if you're interested

Post Number: 5
Yeah.. I would be interested.. email me info at nintendofire@aol.com My budget would probably be up to 1,000.. Shold I stick with the amp i have? and what about the cd player I picked out? And could I keep the factory speakers in my car.. or would they get blown out or end up sounding terrible? thanx for all the help..

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 941
sx would be nice..
look into Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP nice unit
$360
then your left with 500 for an amp.. dunno what coil configs are on that sub so cant tell you which one.. speakers are up do you, if your happy with they way they sound for now u can leave them.. you wont damage them with a new hu.. u can make them sound better! Pyramid amp is garbage you will need another one .. dont bother upgrading with jensen speakers .. hardly a step up from stock.. in the future if u want to upgrade you will want to get some nice component speakers and a speaker amplifier

Post Number: 6
How are these subs? http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/117481/rpem/ccd/productDetailReview.do

Post Number: 7
Or how about something like this? http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Polk-Dual-db124-12-Subwoofers-with-Enclosure-DB21 2-/sem/rpsm/oid/123652/catOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 745
those kickers are good. i dont know about the polks. but dont get them from circuit shitty. you can get them alot cheaper somwhere else. like ebay.

Post Number: 8
This is what I am thinking about getting... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem.php?id=6208 and http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR12 -/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/catOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do What is everybody's opinions on these two items.. should I look at a better amp? And would these install easy in a 2002 ford explorer? How will they be held down.. I don't know that much about car audio..

Silver Member

Post Number: 746
those subs are good. just get a different amp. it sucks

power acoustik = power craptastik

Post Number: 9
Or how about this amp with the CVR's..?

Post Number: 10
If I buy an amp.. do I have to buy the kit with it.. or can I bring it to bestbuy or circuitcity.. and they will already have the kit to install it..?

Silver Member

Post Number: 748
wut amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok.. I know all of the stuff I want now.. Tell me if you think all of these things are worth the money..
2 12" with box.. http://www.6ave.com/product.jsp?x=05DCVR122&zipz=11001
Kicker Amp http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1331442/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046
CD player http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nNiUZrgt0jR/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?c=3&g=300&I=130DEH P680&s=0&cc=01
Some questions- Can I just bring all 3 of these things to best buy and get them installed? And do I have to buy the installation kit for the amp if I am going to bring it to bestbuy.. The total comes out to about $922 w/amp installation kit.. and that doesn't include installation.. I am going to keep the factory speakers I have in the car.. So do you think all of these things are worth the money to put into my 2002 4 door for explorer.. How will the box be kept down in the back? because I have a third row of seats that can be pushed down or left up..

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
good choice in cd playr. i got one of those myself.

stay with those subs. dont use that amp. its 3ch. use this onehttp://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=279

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 129
that amp isnt gonna put out enough for the CVR's.
not a bad choice on subs but you should really look at the SX for 240.00 +s&h << D@mn good deal and will pound. also id switch ur HU to a pioneer premiere. you can build your box to 30-35 hz for about 20-25 bucks. if you want a cheap amp but still pretty good Hifonics is where its at. they tend to put out 70-80% of what they say so buy with headroom. also check out the RE 12.1, eD nine.1.(id give the sx between 1000-1200RMS). Wires will cost you about 100-120 bucks + RCA's. If you got a buddy who can walk you through the install id do that. I wouldnt pay bestbuy to install my stuff but thats my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 938
wow, I don't know if I could pick a worse system. But don't worry, you will learn. I had thoughts like that in my first week into car audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 54
me too i always thought go for cheap until i got here lol i was just like him rollin around with a volf and thought i pounded
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us