Wiring subs up

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 138
just built the new box and i have to wire the subs to the amp now. They are re se's dual 4 ohm subs. I have a dual 12" sealed box with 2 separate chambers. I was wondering how to wire the subs up from the amp. Do i use a terminal cump for each side then for example with the positive wire do i wire it to each positive spot on the terminal cup then on the inside do i wire it to the positve spot on the vc? it seems to me doing it this way has alot of different places where something could go wrong. Is this the only way? or is ther something else i can do. I was only figuring on using one cup and wiriing hte subs that way but its a big mess. any ideas or places to see how to do this are appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
bump

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 614
I'd do this on each side -
Upload

That would give you 2 ohms at each term cup - from there you could easily wire 4 ohms or 1 ohm at the amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
thanks that really helps. Now when after i wire it like that how do i wire the two cups to the amp? and this may be a dumb question but can i use just regular speaker wire? or do i have to use special subwoofer wire. Regular speaker wire has a positive and a negative speakerline already built in to it, which you already know. but how do i use that to wire the sub? do i just take both wires and put it in the terminal? or do i rip the wire in half and use the positive and the negative separate?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 629
wire's wire. as long as it's thick enough (~12 ga) you can use lamp cord if you want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
so how do i wire the two terminal cups to the amp? would it be the same as having a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub on a mon amp?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 654
yup, you got it.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us