Off topic....Anybody know about power supplies

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 687
What will happen if you use say a 18A ps and a 1 amp neon light or somtn light that..

will the amperage be too high and blow whatever is loaded or will it adjust or what....cause im gonna modify a power supply to use for my small 1-6A stuff

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1326
im not goin to get into power supplys thats a whole semester right there! but may I ask how are you going to modify the pwr supply? ????????

Just get an adjustable power supply, that you can adjust the voltage and the amperage. Its cheap at raidoshack.

You dont want to be messing with transformers, without the proper knowledge!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5746
Nest likes 2 mess with that sh!t - seriously hopes he does not burn down his parents house -lol......

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
B- i actually know how to build a psu..got a book 2..but a waste of time for me to buy parts costing somtn like 3-4-500$...a 35A psu in radioshack is like $800...

Rov-im a spark and mysterious blue smoke expert so dont worry i learnt my lesson already...lol

so i bought a 480w pc psu for $150 and heres what i did today.. http://wiki.ehow.com/Convert-a-Computer-ATX-Power-Supply-to-a-Lab-Power-Supply

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
and yea i pretty much open every electronic thing i have....and by doin that i have a great deal of knowledge and can fix those sort of things,so yea i like to mess with that sh!t

anyhow..i fine d power supply wokin good for anything...i gonna try it on ma small amp 2moro to see if it could power it fully

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11196
the power supply will provide, up to it's peak output, the current drawn from it by whatever it's powering.

remember the current draw is determined by the voltage (fixed) and the resistance (also fixed) so unless R or V changes, I is determined by those.

an 18A ps won't harm a 1A device
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us